Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:29PM
    Vs W

SP items on which A hasn't increased in price and which don't lose much against W when not getting 10% that they give against somewhere else.

Items that don't compare against W but which are more than 10% cheaper than everywhere else to which they do compare and on good enough price from A. Probably items on r'back in A, ones that don't have an equivalent at W, if any of those items are any good. (Probably not - often another pack size is better against somewhere else:rotfl:.)

Milk if you need it - standard fresh own label 4 or 6 pint (6 pint works out best). That (or those - there is obviously more than one version and could get 4 different items just from that if you were going to use it) could be an item moved from vs T onto vs W, as same prices at both.

Don't worry about the Baxters offer in W being 4 for £3 and "W matches the prices of T" as those offers follow W's promotional schedule and not T's.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    I found it very difficult to move across the screen, it kept disappearing.

me too!

sausages
  • Picasso7 wrote: »
    Marmite, you are brilliant. Thank you. I have 3 x 50p coupons for Baxter's soups and was hoping to use them in conjunction with a glitch as idiot me only printed one out when the T comparison was working.

That's OK...should compare with the trigger to 75p against waities...Just make sure that As sell what you get from Waities....:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Picasso7
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Vs W

SP items on which A hasn't increased in price and which don't lose much against W when not getting 10% that they give against somewhere else.

Items that don't compare against W but which are more than 10% cheaper than everywhere else to which they do compare and on good enough price from A. Probably items on r'back in A, ones that don't have an equivalent at W, if any of those items are any good. (Probably not - often another pack size is better against somewhere else:rotfl:.)

Milk if you need it - standard 4 or 6 pint (6 pint works out best).

Don't worry about the Baxters offer in W being 4 for £3 and "W matches the prices of T" as those offers follow W's promotional schedule and not T's.

thanks Savvy. Will make a list and will report back tonight.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:00PM
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    thanks Savvy. Will make a list and will report back tonight.

I'm still making one:rotfl:. (I haven't done versus W for a while.)

Continued from my post above... some 6pk Sunbites (check versions) with Tomato Ketchup trigger - why can't the Sunbites be the ones at £1.79 vs S instead of the others at £1.50 A price?:mad: - Flash wipes 60 pack - Lemon and Antibac.:rotfl: in 2s. Or one of the wipes and Flash Gel 400ml - one of Cotton or Lemon only (2 for £2 mix and match W).

Standard 6 pack Walkers crisps (or Walkers Baked Crisps) beyond Ketchup (check versions) - obviously need one of the Ketchup with them - but have to be bought in 2s apparently as W 2 for £2. So, Ketchup and two versions that are each at W. [Strike]Unable to buy Sunbites, unless you want one at full price and straight 10% off W's £1.[/Strike]<- Scrap this, will then pick up A's mbuy:(.

Actually 2x Kettle Bites BBQ Maple (with Ketchup trigger) are best:D. Those items (each of the two same Kettle Bites and the Ketchup trigger) work out at 34p each. You have four Baxters and this trio. Three more different items needed:(.

Does Garlic & Herb Baguette (2 pack, 340g) work against W?

Shredded Wheat 16 but Poundstretcher has been much better price on other pack.
  • Picasso7
    That's OK...should compare with the trigger to 75p against waities...Just make sure that As sell what you get from Waities....:D

Thank you, I shall ensure that Waities sells what I get in A -- that is what you mean, isn't it? (I am shopping in A.)
  • Picasso7
    I think I am the only one late to the party but adding here in case it helps anyone. Will buy three plus the Heinz bacon and lentil:

Baxter's sold in Waitrose

Cream of tomato
    Spicy parsnip
    Carrot coriander
    Country garden
    Carrot butter bean
    Med tomato
    Lentil bacon
    Pea and mint
    Scotch broth
    Chicken broth
    Pea ham
    Potato leek
    Minestrone !!!!-a-leekie
    Lentil & veg
    Highlander's broth
    Chicken and veg
    Veg minestrone
    Green lentil and tomato
    Spicy tomato and rice with sweetcorn
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:07PM
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I think I am the only one late to the party but adding here in case it helps anyone. Will buy three plus the Heinz bacon and lentil:

Baxter's sold in Waitrose

Cream of tomato
    Spicy parsnip
    Carrot coriander
    Country garden
    Carrot butter bean
    Med tomato
    Lentil bacon
    Pea and mint
    Scotch broth
    Chicken broth
    Pea ham
    Potato leek
    Minestrone
    Cocka-leekie
    Lentil & veg
    Highlander's broth
    Chicken and veg
    Veg minestrone
    Green lentil and tomato
    Spicy tomato and rice with sweetcorn

I think cross off Highlander's Broth as it's not sold in A:rotfl:.

You also need to buy four in order to match the W offer! Otherwise - W full price:(, like T will be for 3 certainly.

Sorry - you need to pay for one of the soups:( (although to get that also as a glitched soup) - that was always the case on this anyway even when vs T was sure (except for a very brief period vs Sains available at the beginning of the glitch - expired soon after).
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    gocat wrote: »
    Got a reply to my tweet about the above.
    "
    Hi. Unfortunately, we can't stop a merchant from charging customers in this way. However, we welcome the recent news about the UK introduction of a complete ban on surcharging consumer Cards. This includes Amex consumer Cards and will come into effect in Jan 2018. Thx^Jen "

Bit late for small shops though .

Once this comes in, I can see a lot of places refusing to take Amex, and possibly other CC too.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Picasso7
    I suspect many of them are not sold at A but I won't buy anything not on that list. :)

Am also adding this to my list. Will buy 6 if I can find them.

Nivea Lip balm/Butter works out 26p each

A £2 v W £1.03. Pay £8 for 6 and get £3.22 APG
    Pay £16 for 12 and get £6.44 APG

6x Nivea Raspberry Rose Lip Butter (16.7g) £12.00 £6.18 - tin bc 42239888
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business