Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• Enjoy your last day, weather sounds lovely. Surrounded by lovely local food is always the highlight of my holiday (I think about my stomach a lot!). Have fun :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Canvas shoes graveyard :rotfl:
    Enjoy the heat :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • That week has gone so fast!

Enjoy your last day.

Try not to kill Mr SA.

Safe journey home Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    beanielou wrote: »
    Canvas shoes graveyard :rotfl:
    Enjoy the heat :grin:

:rotfl: Me as well!

I do think your idea of a Mr SA holiday savings fund is an excellent idea though. It'll keep him happily holiday shopping and take some of the heat off you. Shame you spent extra on the inclusive but at least if you go back you know where all the good places are to eat and drink and can just get a nice apartment or room only hotel.

Hope you had a lovely last day and have a good trip home tomorrow.

🐶 - here's something to keep you company until you see your real dog! :D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks all :)

SSG I've lost count of how many times we've stayed in this resort. We only went all inclusive because the hotel only does half board and all inclusive and there's not much difference in the price. We couldn't get a villa close to the main strip so we came back to this hotel because we like it as a second choice and it's cheap and cheerful. We're already booked to come back in April, but we have a villa this time. I think a villa is better for us really as Mr SA can watch TV in the air con while I sunbathe.

I felt like crying yesterday afternoon I'm always sad to leave Lanzarote :(

I'll be fine once I settle back home though, plenty to keep me busy with the decorating and then Christmas. Plus I've got to start saving for the April holiday.

There's a weather warning for a heatwave here next week! It's been hot this week!!

We'll just have time for a final stroll (or scoot in Mr SA's case) before the coach picks us up at 12.

Time to come home and detox :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Home safe and sound, had something to eat, now sitting with my feet up. Dog overjoyed to see us, DD had to bring her outside to meet us out of the taxi. However DD says dog has been naughty while we've been away.

DD has put what looks like the entire contents of her bedroom in the skip :eek:

Very annoying thing on the way back to the airport from hotel, the bus driver had to wait ages for some people not there on time. A woman with two elderly women eventually turned up, no apologies for keeping us waiting. Then she had the cheek to shout about the front seats being for disabled people, looking straight at Mr SA!!! I should've said something really but she noticed him being helped out of the bus at the airport so must've realised. Not all disabled people are old or look disabled when they're sitting down - grr, snarl :mad:

Feel a bit deflated, more than usual to be honest, will really miss the warm sunshine and the brightness :(
  • beanielou
    Some people are just so bleeping nasty :(
    Sorry that you feel defated.
    Think it is the time of year :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    It does annoy me Beanie when people think you have to be old to be disabled.
  • beanielou
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    It does annoy me Beanie when people think you have to be old to be disabled.

Yes,some of the glowers I get when people see me sitting in my car are just awesome:rotfl:
    ( Not that I am that young:rotfl:)

• Sorry the daft woman spoilt your homecoming but I'm sure the dog made up for her! What naughty things has he been up to?!

Hope you get over your post-holiday blues quickly - hard I know when you love a place so much and have to leave it before you're ready. :(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts