Zero contract and paid holidays?

Options
Hi,
I have been employed with a zero contract since June 2016.My hourly rate is £8.20.I have been under the impression as since it’s a zero contract I’m not entitled to paid holiday leave.I have now been given a new contract to sign saying I’m entitled to 0.1208hours paid holiday leave per hour worked.But my hourly rate has been dropped to £7.50?!?
So my question is have I always been entitled to holiday pay?If so can I get it back dated and are they allowed to just decrease my wages now they are giving me holiday pay?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It depends if you were previously simply paid 12.07% on top of your salary as holiday pay
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    It depends if you were previously simply paid 12.07% on top of your salary as holiday pay
    In most circumstances that would be unlawful. Rolled up holiday pay is generally against the law.

That said, the employer would have an argument to say that they didn't realise that and have now corrected it, but have actually paid the holiday pay. So unless the OP had some evidence that they were paid without holiday pay included, it would get very messy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure