CSA question about students?

Options
I can't find the answer to this any were,me and hubby disagree on this.... hubby pays ex maintance for 18yr old daughter,she's a student at college,full time,she lives at her mums home.She has long term boyfriend,what happens if she moves in with him,as we will be paying ( maintance) till she leaves college @ 19yrs.I say we would still have to pay maintance to her,if she lives with boyfriend,as it's states by law,must be paid as long as she is in full time education.My hubby says,you don't have to pay when she leaves home.

Any ideas?

Also another quick question,when his ex remarried,does her hubbys earnings now get taken into consideration when calculating maintance? Both are working full time with just my step daughter at home.

As my earnings had to be admitted to CSA on forms etc....?

We have 1 young child of our own at home still.

cheers guys.....:beer:
:T It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. :T

:D "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." :D

Comments

• fuzzyrazer
    fuzzyrazer Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A wee bump,just in case the evening mser's have any idea....
    :T It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. :T

:D "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." :D
  • Lady_S
    Lady_S Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I know CSA still needs to be paid if child benefit is being paid. Therefore, it will stop if she moves out of her mum's address.
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    fuzzyrazer wrote:
    Also another quick question,when his ex remarried,does her hubbys earnings now get taken into consideration when calculating maintance? Both are working full time with just my step daughter at home.

it sounds like you're hubby is on the old CSA system, on the new system you're earnings would not come into it, and no the ex's new hubby's income isnt relevant :)

I would think that if you're stepdaughter moved out then the maintenace would stop because her mother would no longer be responsible for her, but, you're hubby can still make a CSA payment direct to his daughter if he wishes :)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    fuzzyrazer wrote:

No they don't. Even on the old system you do not have to declare your earnings.

They go on about not being able to give a protected family income type thing whihc is a load of old bull. We did put my wages on until I stopped working. That was until I was abit more savvy about things like the csa. Other wise I would never had done that.

As has been said if she moves in with BF then child benefit stops then CSA stops being involved. Now if he wants to pay something towards her college course expensives then that is up to him.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family