Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Comments

• ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Georgina wrote:
    In Ayr, Douwe Egberts filter coffee (green & red packs) 250g - marked on yellow shelf tab as 100% Extra Free (100% in tiny writing!), but only normal 250g packs on shelf! Purchased two packs, took them to Customer Service, said I only just realised that they did not contain 100% extra. CS lady went to check it out, came back, could not work out why it was wrong(?!?!) as the bar codes were the same, but said "I'll give you it anyway", so £4.98 back onto my card!

This is a particularly good spot as it demonstrates just how widespread mispricing is around the store go get it you coffee lovers!
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • lulu650
    lulu650 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Colin2511 wrote:
    hi - its that time of night when my brain switches off, whats the overcharge with the brioche rolls? - if sel said 1.36 but till said 99p?

I've already made an earlier post on this. The brioches are actually 99p each but two for £1.60. If you buy two they will go through the till without the reduction
    Saving money right, left and centre
  • Thanks to ben500 for some Brazilian rump steaks!

Shelf says £7.58 . ( Not per kg, just £7.58) . But it obviously means per kg because some packs are less than £7. Any pack weighing under 1kg will cost less than £7.58 but I found one that was £7.70 . Bought it, went to CS and said I'm sure the notice said £7.58. They checked , came back with a different smaller shelf label which said per kg! I said that there was a larger notice saying £7.58! They went again and came back with the different one. In the meantime they'd called the manager! By the time he came, they'd been to fetch the larger one which said £7.58. I just said that I thought they were all £7.58 because thats how their pricing and labelling works for all other items in the store and he agreed with me and i got my refund!
    The rump looks lovely too!
    Thanks Tesco!
  • PeteW
    PeteW Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Picked up 2 x 200g of Smoked Salmon last night, shelf said £2.57, packet said £2.88. Got a refund no problem.

Get 2 packs of 4 Kingsmill English Muffins (BOGOF at 87p) and half a dozen value eggs for 51p and you've got yourself a damn fine breakfast for a week!
  • I managed to get three packs of Oak Smoked Salmon last night. Two different types, the first was Specially Selected Scottish Oak Smoked Salmon, 100g, priced on pack as £2.45 each but only £2.18 on shelf. The second was Mild Oak Smoked Salmon Slices, 200g, priced on pack as £2.88 but only £2.57 on shelf. The cs lady tried to tell me that I should have followed the price on the pack, then she tried to tell me that the wrong labels had been put out. I argued that I had read the shelf price as you normally do for most other products and had not looked at the pack price. I also explained that I had not been the one to make the mistake with the labels (if in fact it was a mistake, I think they were correct). She tried to tell me that I could have them for the shelf price, I then quoted their policy, she said it did not count as they were the wrong labels. I insisted she was wrong, she then said that she would have to contact her manager, I said yes thats a good idea (as I knew I was right). We then started walking back to the cs desk and she said "oh I may as well put them through for you, its not like its my money is it!" I was so amazed, what an admission from a Tesco cs person. She then tried to refund them but they came up as totally different prices again! She couldn't understand what was going on, I seem to remember this happening to another person? I don't know what she did but anyway she managed to put them through and refunded my money eventually.

I have to say she was very friendly and did not make me feel like I was doing anything wrong at all. We need more ladies like her to help us I think. I get the feeling she had served me before for another item so perhaps that expalins why she was a little reluctant at first? I don't know but I did say to her that perhaps Tesco might start getting the prices right if they don't like refunding the money and she replied "oh I doubt it".
  • Maisie
    Maisie Posts: 1,343 Forumite
    Thanks to ben500 for some Brazilian rump steaks!

Shelf says £7.58 . ( Not per kg, just £7.58) . But it obviously means per kg because some packs are less than £7. Any pack weighing under 1kg will cost less than £7.58 but I found one that was £7.70 . Bought it, went to CS and said I'm sure the notice said £7.58. They checked , came back with a different smaller shelf label which said per kg! I said that there was a larger notice saying £7.58! They went again and came back with the different one. In the meantime they'd called the manager! By the time he came, they'd been to fetch the larger one which said £7.58. I just said that I thought they were all £7.58 because thats how their pricing and labelling works for all other items in the store and he agreed with me and i got my refund!
    The rump looks lovely too!
    Thanks Tesco!

I got some of that Brazilian steak when they were reducing meat to 48p pack last Sunday afternoon (at T....s just before closing).

It's not that tasty and this had a lot of gristle in it. I had to cut most of it away.

Wouldn't pay full price for it.
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    The cs lady tried to tell me that I should have followed the price on the pack, then she tried to tell me that the wrong labels had been put out.

If you ever need to confirm which ticket & product relate to each other then check the barcodes

The first 6 digits of the product's barcode appear halve way along after the slash on the shelf ticket

tesco-barcode.jpg

I had to use this point for the 'Finest scottish rump steak' as the shelf label doesn't say 'Scottish' but both have the 023016 barcode
  • kt tunstall cd priced at £8.77 but scanning at £9.79 in our store. Got a free CD, but they changed ticket straight away.
  • lin473
    lin473 Posts: 553 Forumite
    Found some large boxes of BBQ steaks mispriced in Weston Favell Northampton.Almost
    left them,as it isn't something I would normally buy,but I was feeling disgruntled because all the fruit & veg was more expensive than Mereway AND they are not doing the petrol promotion,so I put one in my trolley and then thought,what the heck,if I've got to queue at customer services (usually a contradiction in terms at this particular branch,although the assistant was very nice today) for one lot,I might as well have another,so I got £19 worth of steak for nothing!Priced £5.38 per kg on the shelf and £5.65 on the pack.
    Before you all grab your car keys,she was on the ball,and removed the shelf price!
  • The smoked salmon seems to be the wrong price wherever you live! Just got some - was £3.65 on the shelf and £4.09 on the pack. Got a refund with no problems. :-)
    The best way to escape a problem is to solve it :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport