thinking of leaving talk talk need advice

currently have unlimited 2mb (i think but possibly 4mb) broadband, line rental and talk 3 international package with talk talk paying £31 + any non free phone calls per month.

have been them over 18 months so free to move. The reason im a bit miffed is that when they sold me the package they said my broadband will soon be free (rather than the £10 which ive been paying) 18 months on and this never materialised. Ive looked around but cant see any better deals than £31 and when i threatened to leave they couldnt offer me anything, and have now read that the packages are not unlimited anymore but capped at 40GB.

My questions are:

Does anyone know of any better deals i could get ?

How easy is it to leave talk talk broadband and line rental ? would i have to pay to go back to BT or tiscali for line rental ?

many thanks

chris

Comments

• jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Talk Talk have been known to continue to charge people when Free? Broadband was available. It might be worth while checking to see if your exchange has been unbundled, and they have not told you.
    http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php?type=cpw

As you are out of contract with TT its easy to leave them. If your on an exchange that has not been unbundled you should be able to return to BT and be connected Free. But thay will require you to sign a 12 month contract.

You cant go direct to Tiscali they will only accept you if you have a BT Line.
  • jhp wrote: »
    Talk Talk have been known to continue to charge people when Free? Broadband was available. It might be worth while checking to see if your exchange has been unbundled, and they have not told you.

thanks i did check on the phone but the lady on the phone said it still wasnt available doh !
  • jhp
    thanks i did check on the phone but the lady on the phone said it still wasnt available doh !

Never mind what the lady said did you check it out on link i gave you.;)

They have been known to say its not available when in fact exchange has been unbundled.
  • checked the link jhp but my exchange isnt listed doh !
  • Sorry Im confused. I am with Talk talk until the summer. What are my options likely to be if I want to move say to sky? Look like there's no virgin coverage here. I dont really understand the link about bundling and exchanges.

Any help appreciated.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • jhp
    wendy24g wrote: »
    Sorry Im confused. I am with Talk talk until the summer. What are my options likely to be if I want to move say to sky? Look like there's no virgin coverage here. I dont really understand the link about bundling and exchanges.

Any help appreciated.

What exchange are you on ?

To switch to Sky you need a BT Line, they dont allow you to switch direct at moment. Things might change by summer.
  • banbury oxfordshire
  • Does that mean a 12 month contract including calls or 12 months just line rental?
  • jhp
    wendy24g wrote: »
    banbury oxfordshire

So your exchange is llu enabled by TT and you should be getting Free Broadband.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=SMBB

If you move back to BT or another supplier when possible they may want to raise a connection fee as rewireing will be needed in exchange.

You cant get Virgin Media Cable,but you can get Virgin Media Non Cable if you get a BT line see:http://www.virgin.net/allyours/broadband/
  • hello, first time, so forgive me if not totally MSE articulate, but I've recently done some digging in this area, and found Orange to be the best - specifically Home MAX.

Up to 8mbps, unlimited download, no need to pay BT line rental, all done via Orange! It also provides you a second line via their Livebox, wireless router, and this in all gives you free weekend, evening and daytime calls, plus 30 free internationals. Additional benefits if you're on an Orange contract ie calls free to mobiles.

Swapped mine over on Sat and its been fab! Now going to have astab to see if I cna talk that long!?!?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure