I want 32 inch internal doors

I need to replace my internal doors, umfortunately they are 32 inches wide.
Does anyone know where I can buy some from cheaply?

Thanks

Comments

• fatblokexl
    fatblokexl Posts: 456 Forumite
    i have the same trouble.
    our interior living room door appears to be much larger than the average.
    only door that appears to similar is an exterior door, and none suit the style we require.
    will watch with interest
    fatblokexl
    :EasterBun:
  • titewad_2
    titewad_2 Posts: 564 Forumite
    First Post
    Are your houses local or ex local authority?? We bought ours of the council,internal doors 32x80 and a real ballache to source replacements.Unfortunately you can't just march into b&q and take them off the rack.You may find a timber merchant can get them for you or possibly make them but it isn't cheap,especially if like ours, it's a 1 hour fire door you require.
  • I find that 2ft 8" by 6ft 8" is a very common size, fire doors are easy to source from builders and timber merchants, even the usual sheds hold this size in stock. However it helps if you measure them in metric nowadays because thats what they all speak. I even managed to get a front door 3 ft by 7ft fairly easily. Also worth having a look on eBay too.

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • laurac
    laurac Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I am also looking for 32 inch * 82 inch doors and need six ! It would probably have been easier to reduce the door frame size when we replastered, if only I had known then how expensive and hard to find this size of door is. If you are looking for just 1 or 2 doors it may be worth trying archetictural salvage yards. It gets hard to find to find larger sets of matching doors. I have just came across this place
    http://www.doorworldglasgow.com/and will be paying them a visit soon to find out about price etc.</p>
  • Purdy_1
    Purdy_1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    I bought some doors from B&Q that were 32" wide. The doors were probably not the best quality (I know someone here will put them down) but will do for me. They cost about £27 and were Broadland. You will have to order them.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Travis Perkins has interior doors 4 or 6 panel wood in all sizes. Not good looking wood (will need painting).

Just checked my doors, 32 1/2 inch

Is this your problem? You can find 32.5 but not 32?

If so take 1/2 inch off one side or 1/4 inch off both sides.
  • It doesn't seem like much of a problem finding this size to me?
    Just depends what you mean by cheap

http://www.bargaindoors.net/url2_test.asp?Cat=26&sube=9
  • i had this problem so i just re-sized the door frame. remove the arcitrave, you can save and re-use or just throw it away. get the measurements of the door you want and work out how much smaller it is than the frame. add on a few mm's for the gap all round. depending on the gap you might only need to add a strip to one side of the doorframe. ask a timber merchant to cut the wood to the necessary dimensions. glue and nail in place. fit some more arcitrave. no damage to plaster and no one would ever know
  • roswell
    roswell Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    timber yards like mark leaders etc will normaly have a few in stock or can order in
    If it doesnt pay rent sell it.
    Mortgage - £2,000
    Updated - November 2012
  • robwend
    robwend Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    [QUOTE=Unfortunately you can't just march into b&q and take them off the rack.
    i brought my 32inch doors from b and q online
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family