PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Estate Agent did viewing damaged quartz worktop!

Comments

• fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    You want to see the Rightmove listing they did. It took 3 attempts to get that right and a refund of £125 initial fee.
    If they've already done a poor job of listing your house, and have now caused damage and are denying it then I think I would change agent. Are you in a contract with them?
  • rachelandgromit
    rachelandgromit Posts: 826 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2016 at 9:07AM
    I've responded with some pictures but I'll collate everything together in a file now. Lewis told me this morning he "thought he locked it [the garage]" and never mentioned any problems with the lock to me. I suspect the difficulties with the lock are when he damaged it. The normal lady who had done the viewings before, only the previous week, whilst I was in asked me for the garage key and unlocked and locked it fine whilst I was in the house and it was fine then.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    It's too late for you, but when we were selling our property, we ensured that we went with an agency who only used mature mena nd women to do the viewings. They made it one of their USPs.
  • rachelandgromit
    rachelandgromit Posts: 826 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2016 at 9:14AM
    SuzieSue wrote: »
    It's too late for you, but when we were selling our property, we ensured that we went with an agency who only used mature mena nd women to do the viewings. They made it one of their USPs.

I couldn't really care for the age of the agents, in fact some agents who have taken us around properties we've viewed ourselves have been awful and that's from mid twenties up to mid sixties. I'd just expect that any agent ensure your property was safe and secure on exit and it is not damaged by viewers or themselves.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    How bizarre. A 'mature' person isn't necessarily going to be any more responsible that a young one, and surely an estate agent of any age should avoid damaging a clients property?
  • If they've already done a poor job of listing your house, and have now caused damage and are denying it then I think I would change agent. Are you in a contract with them?

I'm going to be checking when I go in later. We only went with them as it was 1% and we thought they'd have a vested interest in selling ours as both houses we are interested in are on with them.

In the middle of all this we still have feedback from the two viewers yesterday too which Reeds Rains should be updating me with but I guess they may purposely ignore that now given my complaint.
  • Well the manager has just emailed again and asked who fitted the worktop so I've been able to send them the details as it was a local firm, the Merchant House in Deeside who came to measure, then later fit it so I guess she is seeing if it was all done professionally which it was (October 2010).
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Sounds like Lewis has been showing people a good time on your worktops as well as showing them around the rest of your house.

Make sure you use a good antibacterial spray before you prepare any food on that worktop ;)

I've heard of estate agents shafting buyers, but I didn't think they meant like this...
  • marksoton
    marksoton Posts: 17,516 Forumite

Unique in that they discriminated when employing people?

If they don't even understand basic employment law........
  • Kevie192 wrote: »
    Sounds like Lewis has been showing people a good time on your worktops as well as showing them around the rest of your house.

Make sure you use a good antibacterial spray before you prepare any food on that worktop ;)

I've heard of estate agents shafting buyers, but I didn't think they meant like this...

Do you know what that did crop into my mind, needless to say we did go crazy with the Dettol. One estate agent and two viewings both single elderly men in a bunglow. I should have cameras installed, I really wish I knew what had gone on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure