PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Sunday 04 December

2»

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 December 2016 at 4:22PM
    Hello all,

Just back from a little party we had at church after the service. Since we will be away for Christmas we will miss all the lovely celebrations, post-carols parties and such, so we got a bit of food and drink and served it up, everybody liked it, the wine flowed freely and all had a merry time. Really pleased, I was worried I had overcatered but no, all the food was eaten and everybody commented how much they had enjoyed it.

I could not resist a bit of mischief, someone asked me in aid of what this was and I replied: "in aid of the middle classes". She had a puzzled look so I kept on : " yes the rich look after themselves and churches are known to look after the poor, so I thought, for a change, let's have a party in aid of the middle classes and get a nice Marks and Sparks spread!" You should have seen her face! It will confirm me as a weirdo in our congregation, but I know even those who consider me somewhat weird do like me well enough, so I'm ok with it.

Very mellow after a few glasses of wine so will have a rest now.

LW hope you get better for tomorrow and celebrate Mr LW birthday in style!

Well wishes to all the other poorlies, too, sounds like there's a lot of grot doing the rounds. Get well soon!xx

Have a good Sunday.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Afternoon - sorry to have caused confusion!

Tru - thanks for the carol, I brought home a huge bag of holly with berries from the garden of my friends in Newcastle so it was very apt.

I did a little shop for Mum and proffered lots of TLC. She's not 100% today and is staying in bed, though she insisted I come home, so home I am. Camelot - you were correct, the drive home was lovely, autumn leaves, big gaps in the woods so new things to look at and very still water. The sunset may well be another stunner.

My sojourn in the land of Geordies was very enjoyable, strange food that I could do without but my even stranger friends are deep in my psyche. One of the closest is leaving her full time job this week and becoming a freelance consultant so we had loads to natter about.

My shopping is unpacked, bird feeders filled and a bottle of my favourite 'grape juice' put in the fridge to chill slighty. Woodburner lit and case taken upstairs. I'm going to settle down in time for SCD results.

Sorry to hear about all the poorlies and poorlies grandchildren, 'tis the season! Honey and lemon is a brilliant soother.
  • Nelski, lovely to see you, tru thanks for the carol.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just got back home a couple of hours ago as I spent yesterday and today in Liverpool to see youngest and meet her boyfriend for the first time.

We have had a nice time and he seems like a nice guy so I am glad I made the effort to get down there.

The hotel was comfortable but I am glad to get to my own bed. :j

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Very late, even for me, have been busy but had to say nice tosee you Nelski!

Going to try some oatmeal bread tomorrow, got the recipe from my 42 year old turned healthy son, will post the recipe if it turns out well.

Thanks for carol tru.

Its been a cool day here, did a little shopping, need to finish the rest tomorrow and start packing as next weekend will be a busy one.

Sleep well everyone and get well soon to those of you suffering from coughs and colds.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family