Determined this is my last debt diary

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    fantastiyk wrote: »
    Hi Clearmydebts,
    You're doing great already. It's great you're getting that money back - lump sums really make a difference.
    Good luck with it.

I like your name! I chose mine because it's the end goal of how I want to feel when I make that last payment!

Yours is a great username :)

And it looks like you don't have that long to go with the debt either!

Would love to be able to change my name to 'clearedmydebts' when it is all gone!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,092
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi CMD glad to see you are posting again

If its any consolation our debts went back up because we bought a car, floor, new suite.... oops! Just at the point we were about to be debt free... What was that about? Anyway point is that you're not the only one to struggle to clear it down despite making real progress at times....

Let's hope this time we well and truly kick it!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • clearmydebts
    Forumite
    Hi CMD glad to see you are posting again

If its any consolation our debts went back up because we bought a car, floor, new suite.... oops! Just at the point we were about to be debt free... What was that about? Anyway point is that you're not the only one to struggle to clear it down despite making real progress at times....

Let's hope this time we well and truly kick it!

Thanks for stopping by SavingH :)

I didn't realise you had some debt again. Hope it isn't that much. I am trying not to think about past mistakes we made with money, as it will only make me bitter. I need to try and learn from them, and learn a little bit of restraint with regards spending money.
  • clearmydebts
    Forumite
    Feeling a bit demotivated today. Found out OH has another credit card with £1500 on it. I knew he had another card but thought there was about £400 left on it. Am not impressed and am not adding it to my sig. He can sort it out himself. Every month he tells me that if he could just sort out his overdraft he would be fine. Well 2 months ago he gave me £400 less towards rent and last month he had a bonus of £200 and couldn't sort it out. This month I have told him to pay £150 less. I am so sick of it :(
  • tirlittan
    tirlittan Posts: 3,397
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear OH's problems are rubbing off on you CMD! It's hard to make someone else do the same thing as you but would be obviously easier if you could work together on this.

Hope today is better for you! (((hugs)))
    DEBT FREE OCTOBER 2012!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Sorry to here about the OH but dont let it knock you down too much your doing great keep your chin up :)

Good luck I will follow *Subscibes* :D x
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Heya!

I am right there with you about this being the last time! It's the last for me too! I also know what you mean about the OH!

I shall subscribe and we can help each other along the way to debt freedom! xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • clearmydebts
    Forumite
    tirlittan wrote: »
    Sorry to hear OH's problems are rubbing off on you CMD! It's hard to make someone else do the same thing as you but would be obviously easier if you could work together on this.

Hope today is better for you! (((hugs)))

Thanks Tir. Am feeling better today. I sat down with OH and we did a realistic budget for him last night, which means him giving me the same amount of money every month, but it is managed better.

He has also asked if he can work more days at home, which would save £200 more per month towards debt repayment. I have calmed down now and am not adding it to the sig but told OH when I have a spare £100 I will give it to him so we can get rid of that card asap.

Did you have a nice weekend?
  • clearmydebts
    Forumite
    Sorry to here about the OH but dont let it knock you down too much your doing great keep your chin up :)

Good luck I will follow *Subscibes* :D x

Thanks for posting HiddenId! It is great to have some support on here :) Am feeling more positive today.
  • clearmydebts
    Forumite
    rdchick wrote: »
    Heya!

I am right there with you about this being the last time! It's the last for me too! I also know what you mean about the OH!

I shall subscribe and we can help each other along the way to debt freedom! xxx

Thanks for posting Rdchick. It would be great to have someone who is trying to get of the debt too. I am going to find your diary now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business