Secondment and Entitlement

Hi,

Can anyone help me with some advice. I have never been made redundant before and am finding it very daunting and confusing as I am Ian strange situation.

I work for a company that is closing there office and making everyone redundant on enhanced redundancy terms. The problem is I am currently on a 6 month secondment role for a maternity cover that has actually gone over 6 months.

I was on a basic contract but took this secondment role which came with a near 50% pay rise from what my basic contract says. The secondment role was meant to be a 6 month secondment but has gone over the six months with no one telling me anything. My old role and my current role are both being made redundant in this process.

My question being what does legislation say or what do I expect my redundancy to be calculated on. Would it be calculated on my original contracted rate or would it be calculated on my secondment rate which is the job I am doing at the moment. So very confused as to what to expect. Both roles are going at the same time my contracted and secondment.

I don't really know what to do so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Statutory redundancy would be based on the current "weeks pay" but that is capped at £489pw

Enhanced they can make up their own rules as long as it is more than statutory.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure