The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• ada-or-ardor
    Options
    Dont be too hard on yourself parsniphead, it sounds like you've had a really tough year and at times like that is when people need money they don't have and therefore debt and credit. It doesn't make you a bad person, taking care of your husband and your security are more important. I hope 2017 is a great year for you, your business, your family and their health, and most of all, debt busting!! :-)

Ada
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your support Ada.

Life has been interesting for the past few months, well the whole year actually, but things happen for a reason and lessons have to be learned from experiences.

I have been on this site for such a long time. I used to sign on using a different name, so it's probably been near to ten years ish. I have seen so many people come on with debt and leave again debt free. I need it to be my time to get debt free. I break up Friday and have lots of plans for the next two weeks, not just Christmassy ones. Let's see how life rolls next.

X
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Last day of work today before finishing for Christmas. :j I have plenty of plans to keep me going for the next two weeks which will help cement to debt attack I'm planning.

I have been using D4ve Ramseys Everyd0llar for the past few months and it has really helped with my budgeting. I do get funny looks at the bank though when I go in asking for large amounts of £1 coins to cover parking, tuck shop, etc. I did consider YNAB but I don't have a desk top or laptop so that's no good to me. Plus I would have to pay for it and I don't want to.:rotfl:.

Tomorrow I need to complete a sewing job and get paid which will go towards one of the debts, the finish sewing DH's christmas gift. Then at the end of the day DS breaks up and chaos will begin.

Right packed lunch to do then some jobs before work.

X

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    My house is so full, bursting at the seams. It's time to not only clear the debt but clear the house. This week, with DS in tow I'm going to get rid of so much stuff it's going to let the house rise up on its foundations.

I'm a real sentimentalist and get sad about getting rid of stuff with the daftest reasons. It all has to go. Once it's done the house needs to made into a home. I have the skills,capabilities,knowledge......I can do this.

Money, I have to be Gazelle intense. I'm hammering down on everything I can. If I can learn to be a better cook then I can cut down the food bill a bit more. I'm frugal but could be better.

I'm feeling very, very excited and positive.

Life is for living and I'm bl00dy well going to start living it, rather than existing.

:):):):):):)

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hello, we have crossed on various diaries and I just stumbled across yours today. Like you, I just want to get shot of 2016 but am trying not to park everything to the new year. You're dealing with a lot so cut yourself some slack and take care of you.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks INOD

It's true, if we don't look after ourselves, we can't look after others. I'm a rusher. Rushing here and there all of the time. I've made a con ions effort to slow down in the past few weeks and see what's happening around me rather than rushing by. It's made such a difference.

I hope 2017 is better for you.
    X

• lionheartedgirl
    Options
    hi parnsniphead, another person popping in to say hi from a previous incarnation! Sounds like you've had a monster of a year. I hope 2017 brings you wonderful things.

I'm a dreadful rusher too so am with you on trying to slow down to go faster haha.

LHG X
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thanks Lionheartedgirl

It's very strange, I was just reading your diary while cooking lunch and you turn up on mine.

Yes not rushing is making such a difference.

• parsniphead
    Options
    A good weekend with the little person and only £2 spent. :j

Dh is at work until Thursday so I have four days with DS which I haven't done for such a long time. The house needs to be knocked into shape ready for Christmas and decluttering needs to be continued.

I also have some sewing to complete so I can get paid for it. I have another debt to chase up for some work I did for an ex colleague who hasn't paid. I'm really annoyed about this as she knows my situation.

Tonight I have a project planned. I use everyd0llar to track my expenses, so I thought I may get ahead and do my monthly budgets for all of 2017. It will be easier then to go on and just make adjustments and I can plan for the unpaid weeks during the college holiday in the summer. It's really easy as I just have to carry over the budget from the previous month and then adjust any differences. I think I may the feel a little more in control of what little cash I have coming in.

Right housework and decluttering, then breakfast later.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning diary

Yesterday was a good day and I started to make a difference on the house. There is still a lot to do but I have made a positive start.

This morning I have attacked the mould in the bathroom which has started to come back, done the washing up, put some washing to dry, put more washing in and put some washing away. A little bit of breakfast then I need to carry on for a while.

I also transferred all of my budget yesterday on every dollar and now have basic figures for the coming year. I do need to sit and tweak them at sometime today but I'm feeling more in control.

Now food, Im ravenous.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure