The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• takingcontrolatlast
    takingcontrolatlast Posts: 714 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2016 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Hi Parsniphead,

Hope you are doing okay?

Wanted to say Hi and see what's been going on in your journey x I have finished your previous diary and now know you are a dressmaker :)

I hope your last day wasn't too traumatic and you are geared up for the new chapter in your life xx
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had abandoned my diary and had missed your post Maryhinge, so sorry. I really appreciate people commenting.

My sewing room is shared with a pile of 5 yr olds toys. :eek:

I am a dressmaker taking control, along with other things.

I finished work last Thursday and feel a little shocked. I have worked since I was 14 and at 45 it seems odd not to be employed by others. I do get paid until 31 august which is the end of the academic year so at least a couple of paydays to rely on as well as a upcoming redundancy payout - not much but something.

I have a number of self employed projects in the pipeline, especially workshops. I'm going to be teaching dressmaking, pattern cutting and leatherwork. The future is exciting, if not scary, but I'm looking forward to it.

I will not forget the diary again.;)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Best of luck with your venture Parsnip!

When I stopped full time work I felt as though I was playing truant for about 6 months. I'm used to it now though.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    I'm glad you are back!

I can imagine it must be scary but the future looks amazing for you..... I so wish I had your talents and the workshops sound a great idea. I wish you all the success and happiness...you go for it goodstyle Parsniphead :beer:
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Thank you takingcontrol.

I do tend to wander away from MSE when I end up on my fitness pal with dreams of losing weight and getting fit.:rotfl:

Anyway back to MSE. I have many diaries I need to be[STRIKE]nosey , [/STRIKE] I mean catch up with.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    haha.. losing weight is so hard isnt it... i have a goal to reach and a target date but dont think im going to hit ... wanted to reach 11stone by next wednesday.... last time I looked I was 11 stone 4lb. DD1 has just treated me to fish, chips and mushy peas in the pub !!!

I was 12 stone so i'm in the right direction.. I try not to put pressure on too much with regards to food... if i want crisps I will eat them (try not to have 2 packets as they are my downfall) :rotfl:

But try and eat healthier options.. but if the tea was say sausages I would only have 1 rather than 2-3... small changes to start with.... and the usual try and move more... i noticed cutting down on carbs takes the bloat off me .... but i do love pasta :D

The key is to definately moving more... difficult when my job is desk bound and I just want to relax in the evening... but everyday is a new day..

good luck with it x
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Taking control. My husband is a crisp addicting but I rarely eat them.

I was 11st 11lbs for years then tipped over to 12st 4lbs last Christmas. I did loose 6lbs quickly but it it on again. To be honest all I did was cut out bread and cheese (I love cheese.....too much). I don't eat between meals and eat reasonably well but think I need to push with the exercise.

DS had a trampoline for his birthday and he made me use it loads with him. I lost 5 lbs in one week. It nearly killed me, especially being nearly 46 :eek:. It was fun though, I did enjoy it so I'm going to do 30 mins per day while DS is at school along with the 30 day Shread again.

Today I'm going to do some filling and repairs on the windows while it's not raining. Need to get off MSE though.

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    Im laughing at the thought of you on a trampoline .... i bet you felt all young again :j And I'm sure your DS loved to see you on it having fun :)

If I was on a trampoline i'd have 2 black eyes !!! if you get me!!

i love cheese as well.... not as much as crisps ... but even better are cheese and onion sandwiches with cheese and onion crisps on the same sandwich... that's being really naughty!!

Exercise unfortunately is the only way to keep healthy and young.. I'm 19 in my head (so there is the young) but the big 50 next year :( Health i'm working on.

You sound quite hands on with DIY jobs - clever girl you !

All the hard work will pay off :T
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I do like ready salted with salt and vinegar on them, especially the soggy ones at the bottom.

As much as I bloomed when I liked on the weight I don't worry about black eyes on the trampoline.;) If I ever loose the weight again I suppose I will go back to the ' two asprin on an ironing board look'. :rotfl:

I did try to trampoline yesterday but the neighbours partner kept coming into the garden and I felt a bit silly. Plus he is one of those men who make you feel a bit uncomfortable.

I have a pile of ironing to do plus more decluttering then it back to the plans of becoming a multi-millionaire.;):rotfl:

• takingcontrolatlast
    Options
    An audience you certainly don't need when trampolining!

Hope your decluttering goes well and that you can sell "stuff" towards your millionaire lifestyle :rotfl:

Or EF!!!

Have a lovely weekend Parsniphead :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family