Employment & Jobseeking USEFUL LINKS

Comments

• Mixy
    Mixy Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thanks Fran - very useful. I sent the AdviceNow details to my old colleagues who are out of work.:T
  • Mythuan
    Mythuan Posts: 56 Forumite
    I've found Monster really useful because employers sometimes call you up when they're looking through CVs (rather than you applying to their job) - that's how I got my current job. They've also got some templates for CVs.

Also tip - update your CV every day to keep it at the top of the pile - just change a full stop or a space, it doesn't have to be important.

btw sorry if someone's already mentioned it!
  • Mythuan
    Mythuan Posts: 56 Forumite
    Oh and also, if you join twitter and look for employment companies along the lines of what your interests are, you'll get constant updates all the time. You need to keep an eye on it incase you miss something but it incredibly useful. I can imagine that if you just joined job twitter accounts and nothing else, it would be like getting an amalgamation of all the websites, updating you with vacancies and possibly tips. Sounds good to me!
  • bingoclaire
    bingoclaire Posts: 12 Forumite
    I am a mum of 2 that has been out of work for nearly 2 years. I am looking to get back into the job market, hopefully as my trained profession as an occupational therapist. Does anyone have any tips as the NHS seems to have changed and scaled down hugely since I left :S
    Thanks
    Claire
  • heretolearn_2
    heretolearn_2 Posts: 3,565 Forumite
    SFolley reported as spammer. Has 3 posts, one here a direct advertisement for his business, and the other two just to 'name drop' his business. He has stated in other post that he runs this firm.
    Cash not ash from January 2nd 2011: £2565.:j

OU student: A103 , A215 , A316 all done. Currently A230 all leading to an English Literature degree.

Any advice given is as an individual, not as a representative of my firm.
  • wow, this is what i need right now. thx.
  • I have been looking for work recently and have sent out my Cv everywhere as well as posted it on all websites...i urgently need to get into work because boredom has long set in from being at home. I know i can b useful in somebodies business and I have experience and I am willing to learn but if no one gives you a chance to get into something then how does that happen. I have posted my ad on gumtree and got some responses but more spam mail then anything. I found my last 2 jobs this way but now even this is failing. I hope someone can give me some insight on how to go about it or let me know what i am doing wrong. This is so disheartening....:(
  • nancy_31
    nancy_31 Posts: 21 Forumite
    I am looking for a job that will allow me to work from home. Can anyone share some ideas where I should apply?
  • westendguy
    westendguy Posts: 58 Forumite
    http://www.careerbuilder.co.uk/Article/CB-354-No-Category-9-companies-hiring-in-August/?lr=int_ukyahoo&siteid=int_ukyahoo_CB354

I came across this link today on yahoo (9 companies recruiting in August), although I cannot be sure how reliable the information is. Whilst I am not looking for work myself, it may be of some help.

They seem to publish this every month.
  • Hi
    This information is really of great help for me too. Thanks a lot :j
    But i am looking for the sites providing good executive CV's, please provide me with more information.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback