Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @digital – Cookies can still be on your device if you use more than one browser and so this can prevent us being recognised as the last referrer

A cookie on one browser, say Firefox, is not shared by another browser, say Chrome. In addition, I only ever use Chrome for cashback purchases, never for anything else, and clear its complete history 'from the beginning of time' when it is loaded each time.

I have emailed you as requested.
    digital
  • Digital_2012
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@digital – Cookies can still be on your device if you use more than one browser and so this can prevent us being recognised as the last referrer as can a couple of other things such as voucher codes. Using a voucher code can technically be a last referrer and so this will explain why you have been given both of these reasons for the transaction being declined. As I’m sure you can appreciate the cashback network is fully independent from the merchant and so wouldn't give this decision unless it had sufficient evidence to back the decision up. If you would kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will look at your unpaid cashback for you.

@Digital_2012 - If you’re happy to do so could you kindly post me on this thread your TopCashback username? If you do not want to do this could you send in a Support Ticket but include the Title ‘FAO Matt MSE?’ I will then be able to access your account and see what is happening.

@kimcoates – This request does normally come from the merchant and it is certainly not us asking for the information because we want it for the sake of having it. Therefore it should be the same for all cashback sites. Different sites do not always co-operate with the cashback network and the merchant in the same way and so this may explain why it doesn't happen on other sites. This request does normally come from the merchant, but in a lot of cases comes from the cashback network who track the transactions - although they cannot see your details they can be sure that for you or any member to earn cashback they will need to have the details entered.

I would like to re-emphases that we will never ask for information unless we need it for you to earn cashback and that all of your information is kept secure and in confidence as set out in our privacy policy.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi matt,

I sent you message in existing support ticket, i included my mse username and topcashback user name. Thanks
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    A cookie on one browser, say Firefox, is not shared by another browser, say Chrome. In addition, I only ever use Chrome for cashback purchases, never for anything else, and clear its complete history 'from the beginning of time' when it is loaded each time.

I have emailed you as requested.

An exception is Local Shared Objects which Flash uses when storing cookies, flash is each browser accesses the same LSO's
  • digital
    Options
    stampede wrote: »
    An exception is Local Shared Objects which Flash uses when storing cookies, flash is each browser accesses the same LSO's

Flash is not installed: it is too insecure.
    digital
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

We’re in the middle of the week already!

@digital – Cookies are a complex thing and how they work can depend on the cookie. However, I do believe that your transaction was declined because of the voucher code and that this code was called the last referrer.

@Digital_2012 – I have just replied to your Support Ticket and I hope I can help you with your outstanding queries :)

@stampede – Many thanks for your contribution. It is certainly right that different programmes can use and hold cookies in different ways and so it is worth considering if you find a lot of transactions get declined and you have made sure that cookies are cleared before logging in.

I do hope this helps and that everyone has a great afternoon and evening - I will be watching a bit of GBBO before bed!

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi @johnnyboiwalker,

I am very sorry to hear you don't believe you have received a reply. I would certainly like to take a closer look into this as our team are replying to all Support Tickets within 2 to 3 days. Could you kindly send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    I only ever use Chrome for cashback purchases, never for anything else, and clear its complete history 'from the beginning of time' when it is loaded each time.

Overkill surely? I simply delete the specific cookies for the site to which I'm about to click through, always seems to work.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    You're offering 40p for a Beat My Price Demand to Bespoke Offers. Since Bespoke Offers can come back with varying offers to "demands" for the same item submitted only a few hours apart, it makes sense, quite apart from the cashback, to submit several demands and choose the lowest offer. I'm concerned however that multiple demands might be considered abuse and wonder if you have any guidelines as to what is reasonable usage?
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I hope you can help?

I have some money to claim but stupidly cannot recall my security answer. I have tried and have now been locked out. So cross with myself!

Anyway have I messed up or is there a way to sort this out please?
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• digital
    Options
    faddy wrote: »
    Overkill surely? I simply delete the specific cookies for the site to which I'm about to click through, always seems to work.

No, simply making sure there can be no doubt that any clicks are recorded as going through TCB.
    digital
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure