~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~

Comments

• MORNING!!

Hope everyone is glad it's Monday like me!. OH is at work, Hollie is watching Cbeebies and keeping busy with her Peppa pig books she got for Christmas.

Just checked nearly all the survey sites I'm signed up to and didn't qualify for anything! boo :( going to spend some time on swag bucks this morning, check up on Ebay listings, do a little bit of shopping then housework...booo.

Looking forward to reading what everyone is doing today! x

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
  • emmad5689
    emmad5689 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Right front room done, gerbils done, first wash load nearly finished and second waiting. Have gone through all the instruction leaflets that have been lying around since christmas and have found about another 7 things to suggest on dy why is it my kids toys are never listed!!

Next some rating
    To get to Disneyland Florida 2016
  • morning :D

jamtart well done on the amazon vouchers :D

foxy ouch! better get it checked in case in needs to be strapped up

emma cor you have been busy today !

rufus do you know what you are going to sew yet ? i will be doing some today as well :D hairbands and hairclips i think

elysia i finally picked a name 'sew special' i was surprised it wasnt already picked !thats as far as i got lol

done a couple of surveys this morning , on swag now watching tv
    going to spend the morning at the laptop
    then do some sewing while watching some stuff on the sky planner thing , it only has about 5% left and its the bigger one lol
  • Chel - Love the name! Very creative :D

So envious of all you people that can sew, I had to adjust the straps on one of my dresses last summer and that was an almighty disaster lol!

Forgot to list more stuff on ebay yesterday, woops. A couple items have bids on already so I'm hoping for good things next weekend. csa have finally got hold of he who shall not be named to pay some of his arrears so that can pay of what I owe on my holiday, chow money for spending money then the rest of the money I make now is going in the pot :D
    Making money for christmas 2012
    :santa2:
  • morning all

sorry but have not been on over the wk end, kinda got the blues atm.
    anyway i hope everyone is doing well and congrats on the new baby nickyboo.
    i have finally got around to listing some books on amazon, as far as i can gather you only get charged if your item sells, which is better than ebay as if i remember you have to pay to list your items.
    hope i can sell some of these and that will make up for the money im short for next months bills..

Luv P
    xx
  • lol thanks cornish i thought it was an obvious name and that someone would already have it , thank god they didn't as it was all i came up with !

where are you going on your hols?

purpleorchid its free to list on ebay if its a 99p start or if you wait till the next free listing then its free whatever the start
    but there is a limit to the postage prices so if its big and heavy you will have to add the extra cost into the starting price
  • I think its fab, I would never have been able to think of something like that lol. Off to sunny spain in may, it's the last holiday that all the extended family are going on together so it should be a good one :D

purple - I agree, amazon is defo better than ebay for books, they never sell on ebay!
    Making money for christmas 2012
    :santa2:
  • oh lovely cornish :D hope it is sunny for you

not sure if we are having a holiday this year still debating between a holiday or a new car
    i want both lol
    although we will get a weekend away, kid free :D when we go and see the stone roses in manchester :D
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Chel - I love your shop name, glad no one else had thought of it as well. I went up to start on some new cushions for my shop, but I didn't have enough fabric to finish them off so I am going to have a look up town in the week when we go up there for some more to match what I am doing. I was also going to finish off a bag I was making for my sister for Christmas next year. I had just about finished it, it just needs a large popper in the front to hold the pocket closed but I can't find it anywhere (the bag that is). It has been up stairs next to my sewing machine for ages since I finished all the main sewing and I seem to remember putting it into a white rubbish sack (I use these to keep my makes clean) while I wasn't sewing over Christmas but can't for the life of me think where I would have put it. Its not in my craft room at all, I have had everything out. I am hoping OH hasnt been in there tidying up and thought it was rubbish and chucked it out. I have given up for the rest of the day, I have a little bit of hand sewing to do, MGS knocked this morning on his way to school with his teddy I made him last year, its arm has come off so I need to sew it back on so he can pick it up after school this afternoon.

I had three surveys when I came down in my email but didnt qualify for any of them.
  • rufusd!!!2 wrote: »
    I went up to start on some new cushions for my shop, but I didn't have enough fabric to finish them off so I am going to have a look up town in the week when we go up there for some more to match what I am doing.

I find ebay is much cheaper than in the shops! i used to go to the fabric market in my town and they were ripping me off a treat.
    I also use a website https://www.efabrics.co.uk who do their plain polycotton fabrics for £1.75 a metre! i was paying £3.30 on the stall.......
    They are the best source for my fabrics, you should check them out :D they have some things on sale too! xx

Goals: Save £500 for emergencies, Save £200 of Amazon vouchers for Xmas, fix my holey clothes!
    Frugal living 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport