Orange Swapables - anyone used yet?

Comments

• timefortea
    timefortea Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    For those interested I've tracked down a Swappables compatibility list dating back to Oct 2011:

studio.orange.co.uk/swapables/files/SwapablesPhones-20120110-V7%20.pdf

Copy and paste into your browser for a pdf list.

This is useful but I think it's inaccurate, when I signed up for Book Club on my BlackBerry Bold 9780 it said my phone was incompatible so I couldn't use it (but was stuck with it for a month anyway).
  • xmcd
    xmcd Posts: 2 Newbie
    I've tried to watch Sky Sports 4 times in a row and I keep getting "Unable to Play Video". Is this some kind of joke? Does any one have any advice on what steps I can take? I am not at all impressed.
  • I've just signed up to Panther and was told the Swapables were not included in the data usage, can anyone confirm this? Also, someone may have already asked this but does the Sky Sports include the new F1 channel.

On a final note, when I've had issues with Orange in the past I've found it's easier to skip the customer services people and go straight to the top, so here's the CEOs direct email address: [EMAIL="olaf.swantee@orange.co.uk"]olaf.swantee@orange.co.uk[/EMAIL] The last time I emailed this address I got a phone call from his office the same day!
  • Does anyone know if I get to keep any music downloaded through Deezer? If, for example I use this one month to download music and then change to a differetn swapable the next month will I still keep the track that I have downloaded?

Thanks.
  • I have now been useing Sky Sports on my Galaxy Note for a few days.

1.It took a couple of days before the link for Swapables appeared (Be Patient)

2.You can connect with 3g or WiFi - If you connect direct with WiFi you have to input your mobile number and you will be text a link.

3. All data used is included as confirmed on Orange site wheer it says - how much does the data cost to use my Swapables subscriptions?
    Nothing – all the data you need to use your Swapables in the UK is included. Once you download the app or subscription, the use of the Swapable will not impact your monthly allowance. Please be aware that, if you use your Swapables abroad, you will be charged for the data.
    Find this at pantherplan.orange.co.uk in the faq.

4. The quality is poor but watchable, sound is excellent so its radio with a poor picture.

Hope this helps
  • jnm21
    jnm21 Posts: 853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 March 2012 at 7:01PM
    Hmm, was thinking of getting Panther, but this thread is making me have doubts; Sky Sports swappable quality & Orange quality in general... HMMM.

Really want a Note, so decision has to be made this week...

Orange, please get this sorted & make my choice easy...

PS Orange, you also need to train your staff - the shop staff told me you must have a Sky subscription at home or the swappable doesn't work (seems that may have been half right by fluke)!
    Certain OTT members have caused me to add this disclaimer: all advice given is free of charge & as such should be taken to be IIRC (as I don't spend hours researching all answers :eek: )!
  • Martyn_Price
    Martyn_Price Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 26 March 2012 at 3:07PM
    I have had the same. 3 weeks after my plan went live until I could get onto page to pick options. Call after call each time Orange saying they'll call me back and keep me informed. No they didn't. When after 3 weeks I could access the page, another problem. I am unable to watch Sky Sports on wifi only on 3g. Once again I ring Orange only to be told firstly if I can watch it on 3g then it's not Orange's problem it's Sky who I should ring. The same Orange rep told me to Google the problem as he could help no more!!!!! Another phone call and now I'm told I can only view it using Orange wifi and no other. The latest call I am told it is a known problem and should be fixed within the next 3 weeks. Sorry way too late. My daughter's contrac is up soon. She wants a new iphone. I would have stayed.with Orange even though its £7 a month more expensive than a comparable plan on Three. Not a chance and I will be leaving when mine is up. I have never felt so frustrated and let down by a customer service dept in my life. So much for loyalty.
  • lionelator
    lionelator Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So is this only available to those who took Panther contracts after September 2011? I took out a panther contract in August 2011 and now can't get swappables through the website. Would be pretty silly if thats the case.
  • Try texting the word 'SWAP' to 247 on your phone. You should get a text back explaining what to do.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    has anyone tried to use navigon through the swappables i can only get the isle of man on mine to show up and uninstalling and installing again didnt seem to help
    What goes around-comes around
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport