Forumite
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Assuming this is Northampton Court, the timescale is a s follows:

Issue date 10 July
    Service date 15 July
    Latest date to acknowledge service 29 July
    Latest date to defend (if service acknowledged) 12 Aug

but don't take it to the wire.

So if I acknowledge it now online and then decide to accept it what would the latest date I could make a payment to the company to clear in full?

and also I presume if I agree a F&F with them and get it in writing I can provide this copy to the court to prove its been paid?

Thanks BTW!
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Could you not defend part of it, I.e the charges? Might encourage them to settle for near your offer.
    :beer:
  • owen2014
    owen2014 Posts: 12
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi All,

I sent a letter offering £675.00 settlement and received this letter back - I'm not sure what to do next?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dlkpjs.jpg
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    If you go through the court process, and a CCJ is granted, I believe you have 28 days in which to settle before the CCJ is registered against you.
    Now this has gone to court, I cant see Bryan Carter settling for anything less than the full amount to be honest, it may be worth doing what they ask, as even if a CCJ is granted, they have no cast iron guarantee they will get paid, so may take an offer from you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    It depends if a judge would see the charges as unreasonable I guess. If they suspect so, they may accept your offer.

I would defend the charges if you are able.
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport