Metropolitan Collection Services (HSBC)

124»

Comments

• DebtClearer
    DebtClearer Posts: 281 Forumite
    If you don't pay back the full amount it will have a negative impact on your rating. They are only likely to accept partial payments if you have missed payments and most likely have at least a default.

Whilst it's great people are managing to get settlements let's all remember that the end result of this is likely to be a tarnished credit history.
    Debtfree!

• How long will it affect my credit rating for?
  • Stillsmiling
    Stillsmiling Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We had two debts with them and on the first they accepted an offer of 30 something percent and we cleared it. A few years on we tried to offer around 60 -70% on the remaining debt and they refused!
  • Hello,

Try and get your heads around this one!! ......

In August this year I was in a position to make full and final settlement offers to my creditors and finally get out of my debt management plan. All was going well until I called metropolitan to get a full and final balance only to be told that I have no authorisation to discuss the account, then they put the phone down!

I was shocked to say the least, so I got all my statements together to have a look to see if I'd made a mistake but it was there in black and white! Next phone call was to the Debt Advisory Line who took care of my DMP to ask what was happening. It turned out that I had been paying a sum to MCS since Dec 2012 but to a different reference number which was for someone else's account!!!!😳 I have been told that I cannot discuss this with MCS because I have no authority so back I went to DAL to sort, which they say that they no have the same problem.

Here's the twist, DAL say the amount being chased is £1709 and £918 has been sent back to DAL and now they are chasing the remaining amount but no success. I've threatened them both with FOS but I just keep getting fobbed off- I also get the impression that if I had taken the £918 off DAL then they would have ceased with chasing the remaining amount and MCS would turn round and say they had settled and to do one.....

If there was any question why send just over 50% of the amount requested? Sounds like a feeble attempt at an offer....

Yours views are very welcome
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family