PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• missyrichards
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »

Was dressed today then sat with OH dressing gown wrapped round me.

I bought a huge men's supersoft dressing gown as they are so warm and cosy.:)

I just wear knickers and socks in bed along with the dressing gown and it is warmer than wearing pyjamas.:D
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Off for now, only been on 3 times since last winter. Have good insulation, and a top notch quilt,
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I bought a huge men's supersoft dressing gown as they are so warm and cosy.:)

I just wear knickers and socks in bed along with the dressing gown and it is warmer than wearing pyjamas.:D

I can't work this weather out - was too hot in bed last night :eek: and was out running this morning in just a vest (well leggings too :rotfl:) - saying that I've done that in the snow before too, just overheat easily
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Got in from work this morning and felt freezing so whacked thermostat up.

Five mins later in bed and too hot. Got up and turned it down. I do now have two duvets on the bed though (bliss initially), am menopausal, and had just finished night shifts......so i'm blaming me and not the weather....:D. Asbo-cat very confused about what's going on with the radiators, has given up, and come on the bed looking quite disgruntled............:rotfl:
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I put it on for 30 mins this morning and 30 mins this afternoon.
  • robotrobo
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I put it on for 30 mins this morning and 30 mins this afternoon.

we have had our winter fuel payments!,
    but im not turning it on yet untill it gets really cold!, its very mild isnt it for this time of the year?.
  • chickens11
    Options
    Ive got my sitting room fire alight and its so cosy on this dark wet Sunday evening , where did the weekend go ?...Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • chickens11
    Options
    I cant believe weve managed to get to December and its still pretty mild , ive had the heating on a few times here and there but nothing really to what we could expect for the time of year ......I have just lit sitting room fire ...
    so im happy to sit down for the evening now , just had a shower and dawg is in front of fire ......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still very mild here in London. A this very moment have heating off and my windows open!! :D
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought we'd have to put the heating on as we've got friends from Australia here, and it's a bit warmer there at the moment!! However, my friend is very surprised how mild it is and wished she'd bought less clothes so she could take back more stuff. She has found that lots of her friends she's visiting have their heating so high she can't bear it and she's just wandering round their houses in just a T-shirt. She'll be fine here, still only have the Calor gas fire on in the evening!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback