PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 20th September 2016

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 20 September 2016 at 6:36AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 20th September 2016

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, not raining and drying up underfoot. I have washing ready to go out on the line if it looks like a dry day, I'll check the forecast in a mo.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit, I'll wake him shortly so he can get ready for college. I'm back to work today too, but a short week, after being off yesterday.

Dinner last night was a use up of food that wasn't eaten at the weekend, I'd bought chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese, enough for 4 portions but none had been eaten, so dinner last night was the chicken, pasta with sauce and veg rice. Tonight it's going to be sausage, egg, beans and chips.

We had an excellent weekend, and it was great to get away and spent some quality time with friends and the event was very well supported and great to see so many people taking part. The main streets had been closed off, and were pedestrian access only, there was a lovely atmosphere.

We're not away again until November, when we're away twice in a week, but only for 2 nights with the caravan the first weekend, then a hotel for 3 nights at the end of that week, we both have the week off work.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning All

Glad you had good weekends JackieO and nmlc.
    Your eye procedures sound particularly awful HH.

Nice and bright this morning, the washing is on the line although I wont be in until about 8 this evening as I'm going to the cinema after work, so it may be a bit damp again by then.

Had a good sort out of shoes yesterday, lots for the charity shop, cleaned up some boots and shoes ready for the winter and got them all organised upstairs instead of in a big wooden box in the conservatory.

I have a really annoying cough that woke me up early, should be good fun at the pictures!

Hope you are all well, have a good day. Take care. XX
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a bit wet out but I think it's going to dry up later on this morning. I got up to see hubby off to work and now I am waiting for the girls to stop faffing around so I can make myself a cup of tea.

I will be getting dressed and going to the post office to get some money out. Our fridge freezer is dying, I am so annoyed, it's less than 2 years old but out of warranty. I have been looking at new ones for most of last night and I am surprised I didn't dream about them :). I want to go and see them in an actual shop but there is nowhere in our town that sells them and even in the next big town there are very few places that actually sells them too. I will ask my eldest if she can run me to Currys and take a look at what they have got.

I will be making some tuna fishcakes for my lunch as we had a bit of leftover mash from yesterday. The girls have asked for takeaway for tea and I am in a mind to give in and buy one. I fancy chinese and the girls want pizza.

Well that's all my news for now, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, there are plenty of hugs available too if your day is not so great, take care xx
  • Morning all
    Work today, my L&M has a cuppa, so do I, no packups made as he ate his last night after saying he didn't want an evening meal! Still he can get food from the school canteen. I will have soup and bread.
    I'm still pondering what to do about the diagnosis on my eye yesterday, I'll wait and see for a while.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,026 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread nmlc.

Yesterday was fairly productive and mostly dry. No idea what is forecast for today but I'm going up to Oban this morning for a few bits and pieces plus a couple of things for a neighbour.

My mum had a couple of workmen in yesterday so her little jobs got done. We used the really excellent 'care and repsir' handyman service again to have her smoke alarm battery changed. It was doing the horrible high pitched beeping noise but she can't hear it and the ceilings are so high not even her cleaner would go up. Anyway, the other bloke was fitting a replacement thermostat valve so all is sorted for now so I can rest a bit easier.

I really enjoyed having the wood burner on last night, just made me feel cosy if a tad overheated!

Right, must make a move if my day is to go to plan. Special thoughts to those needing them.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Pleased you had a nice w/e.

Flying visit off me as we have an urgent appointment at Leeds St James this morning. I am so wound up because I don't know why we are going and can only guess it's to do with the "something" spotted on Mr TA's kidney on the recent Liverpool scans and ensuing blood tests. We were having lunch in Skipton yesterday when my phone rang - a lady asking to speak to Mr TA, so he took it outside. I normally deal with all appointments etc as he gets flummoxed easily. And, of course, he did. All he could remember was the time, the department and the wing. Totally different to the Oncology one. He didn't know who he was seeing or why. I was both worried sick and really cross that he didn't even ask. So that's where we are off today and needless to say I had a rubbish night's sleep worrying.

Sorry to ramble on so but I just felt the need to offload Isuppose. The past three and a bit years of scans, tests, treatment, waiting and worrying has just got on top of me at the moment I think.

Have a good day all if you can and (((HUGS))) to everyone else with woes and worries of their own. Take care xxx (Congrats to CSARINA!)
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2016 at 7:12AM
    Morning all,

Looks a bit grey outside I hope it brightens up as I am off to work and on the BBQ today, its our AGM and we are expecting loads of guests and visitors there are all sorts going on archery and birds of prey etc so should be a good day I have got DD working with me so even better as we work well together.

Lamb burgers for dinner tonight with some croquette potatoes from the freezer and peas.

I have found someone to tackle the huge hedge in the garden its very out of control and needs a chainsaw but a friend has one and is coming to do it for a good price I shall be glad once its done !

Little Evie chewed a toy rat to bits on my bed last night ! I think she is getting into hunting mode, Little dog used to get many a rabbit whilst out and I wonder if Evie will be the same, she is already chasing them.

Hester ouch that sounds nasty ! xx

Hope all goes well for the TA's today xx

Have good days all xx
  • Morning, what is it about this tablet and the Internet, my post has been eaten up again.

Thanks for the thread nmlc.

Someone has either a burglar alarm or a car alarm that has been warbling intermittently for hours, at least since a little before 5. Chaps have not woken though.

I am burning scented candles and have windows wide open, which is my preference but chaps like windows closed, as OH made a delicious meal last night which included potatoes saut!d with shallots and bacon. Lovely but the smell of cooking has really lingered.

Today am working at home for the morning and then have a local appointment in the afternoon so should be a calm but productive day, nobody asking me this that and the other and what does this mean, how can I do this, why hasn't so and so done that repeat ad nauseam.

Hester I hope that your eye treatment goes better than last time, TA, you must be worried, hope the appointment goes well and loving thoughts for LaineyT and Hilstep and anyone else who could do with them.

I had better start to organise my bad self and get on with things.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all, thanks for the thread nmlc and glad the weekend was good xx

Mrs TA - sending positive vibes for the appointment today, such a worry xx
    Hester - that sounds hideous. Hope there's another way to help your eye xx
    Jackie - pleased you had a lovely time in Scotland xx

The school coaches have changed, so DD and DS1 have to leave even earlier from today. Seems the traffic is just so busy :(. DS1 is on a college trip to Margate to look at buildings :) Managed to get a hug and thank you from DD last night - surprised but pleased!

Dinner tonight is spaghetti bolognaise. I need to buy mushrooms after work.
    Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Morning all
    TA positive vibes coming your way I think most OH's get flummoxed when faced with having to make arrangements
    HH sorry to hear you may need more treatment
    Hillstep hope you are busy making some great memories
    Well fence is finally done :j why is it so hard to find someone to do a job now this has become a point of discussion down our little road and i don't seem to be the only one struggling to find trades people
    Will be staying in again today as need to wash the floors and have a tidy up have started on DS room while he is away .
    Dinner tonight pork strips roasties and veg
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, especially Hester and TA.

Its a grey but fine morning, I have a load in the washer, hope to get it mostly dry outside.

After a lot of hunting around we finally had the gas point number from Transco, we had to phone them ourselves to get it. Meter is being installed 5th October, now we need to let the heating people know so they can plan the forward installation. More mess.....I have to dismantle the sewing room so they can get to the storage radiator in the corner to take it out. Hey ho, I will be glad when the job is done and we know we will have a fully controllable system to keep warm.

No plans for today apart from the laundry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure