PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning suede

Comments

• GIRLPOWER_2
    GIRLPOWER_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Jays wrote:
    Ummm...

I don't know if you will believe me about this, but here goes:

I honestly put 'removing stains suede' into MSN search and got this: :A

http://www.modernleather.com/care_of_suede.cfm

Seems helpful and innocent enough, until you click on Hallowean 2005 and realise what type of site 'modernleather' is really about. :shhh:

Then you notice 'bondage'... :eek:

You never know it may appeal to some moneysavingexperts... ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • GIRLPOWER_2
    It's a very light tan colour.. going to try steam 1st, then talc.... then the shoe kit.... cheers everyone. :beer:
  • GIRLPOWER_2
    [QUOTE=rizla01When_I_was_a_mechanic_we_used_to_use,_believe_this_or_not,_a_fire_extinguisher_to_remove_grease_stains._It_froze_yer_leg_if_you_still_had_the_overalls_on_but_it_cetrainly_worked._Used_it_on_my_suede_boots_several_times.[/QUOTE]

:rotfl: :rotfl: sorry but :rotfl: :rotfl: I do thank you for the tip but :rotfl: :rotfl: stunner.
  • Hiya everyone!

I have a gorgeous pink suede jacket that I bough a year ago. The problem I have is that it has marks in the usual places: collar, end of sleeves, etc. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to remove them without having to pay the drycleaning an awful amount (the jacket itself was only 40 pounds).

Thx in advance.
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ask Elvis how he cleans his shoes :rotfl:

Sorry, I don't know..........
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    There are some threads in the Cleaning section of the MEGA Index sticky about cleaning suede. Some in clothes and others in shoes, I think. They might help. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Go to a Clarks choe shop and buy a suede cleaning block for about £3. It's a little block of white crumbly stuff that you rub onto the suede and it magically lifts the muck off.

I was sceptical until I tried it on a pair of beige suede boots and it REALLY worked :)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi madfrenchgirl,

I just came across this thread: Suede Cleaning

Pink
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Does anyone know how i get it off? I bought a new suedette sofa not long a go an d it seems there are pen marks on it already :mad:
  • cymro1170
    cymro1170 Posts: 5,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Colour it all in with the same pen?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business