Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Comments

• Lip_Stick wrote: »
    Now the UJM site has been taken over by spam, from Agency Central. There's pages of jobs from them, and they're just phising for money, and to inundate you inbox with spam. Hope JCP realise that's what you get when you don't check who is posting jobs. Hope someone fixes this and soon! :mad:

The former government job search site was actually usable, this one is going down the pan rapidly, I must have waded through dozens of pages of these spam jobs adverts.
  • Signed on last week and was asked to allow advisor access to UJS account, which I refused. I do take a spreadsheet in and fill in one of their booklets of applied for jobs.
    So she got a bit humpy and ordered me to print of all my online job applications from UJM site to prove I have been using the site and applying for jobs. Which I have to bring with me every time I sing.
    This is going to cost me a fortune in ink, can I be forced to do this?
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    Now the UJM site has been taken over by spam, from Agency Central. There's pages of jobs from them, and they're just phising for money, and to inundate you inbox with spam. Hope JCP realise that's what you get when you don't check who is posting jobs. Hope someone fixes this and soon! :mad:
    DWP are too stupid to realise, Jobcentre don't know & don't care, both DWP & Jobcentre are too arrogant & stupid to take onboard suggestions & complaints of jobseekers.
  • The Universal Job Match is getting lots of negative feedback in the press. Shame as it was a great opportunity to put something good and effective together for job hunting. I think the Govt paid Monster £16m for this. But hopefully it will improve and JC will positively encourage sign ups and demonstrations.
  • Finally being ordered to sign up to this which i will do today, my next sign on date is the 31st of Jan.

Don't realy want the slow dizzy jcp advisor snooping on me, any advice what to do on first sign up ?
  • out_of_cash
    out_of_cash Posts: 763 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2013 at 3:30PM
    Apologies i made a repeat post .
  • The Universal Job Match is getting lots of negative feedback in the press. Shame as it was a great opportunity to put something good and effective together for job hunting. I think the Govt paid Monster £16m for this. But hopefully it will improve and JC will positively encourage sign ups and demonstrations.

You cant be serious? There is nothing different about this site as opposed to the other bundle of crap they designed last.

The bottom line is "the work is not there" or i should say nowhere near enough.This site is guaranteed to be littered with low paid temporary jobs using specific recruitment agency's.I wonder why that would be.

If you think something being defined as good and effective is pushing people into a low paid job which will effectively make them homeless,then i guess your on the right wavelength.
  • out_of_cash
    out_of_cash Posts: 763 Forumite
    edited 22 January 2013 at 3:33PM
    Hi, hope this helps you as you DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN UP, no matter what your local jobcentre may tell you as they tried to mislead myself with this.

10.7 When the Services are implemented, Jobcentre Plus customers
    (including potential jobseekers) will not be mandated to register and create
    a profile.”
    From: DWP TLMS Schedule 2.1, Authority (Universal Jobmatch)
    Requirements
  • john539
    armyknife wrote: »
    The former government job search site was actually usable, this one is going down the pan rapidly, I must have waded through dozens of pages of these spam jobs adverts.
    Agency Central has 51000+ spam jobs posted, yes 51000+ !!

Technojobs Warehouse has 11000+ spam jobs posted.

Monster has 13000+ spam jobs posted.
  • john539
    edited 22 January 2013 at 3:59PM
    armyknife wrote: »
    Agency Central has 51,000+ spam jobs posted, yes 51,000+ !!

Technojobs Warehouse has 11,000+ spam jobs posted.

Monster has 13,000+ spam jobs posted.

The number of jobs posted by most of 200 most active companies is a few hundred.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure