Any train promotion codes out there?

get £1 off train tickets over £10 at https://www.thetrainline.com before the end of July using the code 1GBPOFF

Comments

• daveyok
    daveyok Posts: 6 Forumite
    Does anyone know of how to get cheaper rail tickets (than advertised on trainline etc). Any promotions on at the moment I haven't heard about? I need to get from Newcastle to Aberdeen in August but don't fancy driving and the only flights seem to be BA (£120+).

• daveyok
    daveyok Posts: 6 Forumite
    I got on the old 'dog and phone' and spoke directly to GNER; result - £28 return. It just shows that the net is not always cheapest!
  • sos_3
    sos_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Can anyone help with any trainline or First Great Western discount codes/vouchers please????

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • David_Brent
    David_Brent Posts: 697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    £1 off thetrainline.com enter: 1GBPOFF (min spend is £10)
    !"£$%^&*()
  • sos_3
    sos_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    It's coming up as an incorrect promotion code..had already tried that - thanks anyway!! Any more??!

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    I am looking to travel from London to Newcastle in september. I saw they were advertising £20 return but now the best price they have available is £60. Does anyone know of any promo codes, or ways to get cheaper fares?

BTW I am new to this site and its addictive. Nice One!!!!
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • paulie558
    paulie558 Posts: 763 Forumite
    If you don't mind National express coach instead of the train,loads of fares avalible for 3 pound each way in september(have to be a bit flexible)
    https://www.nationalexpress.co.uk
  • mennie
    mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
    Thanks paulie but I have had to book now £102.90 for 2 return london to newcastle!!!! :-[

I have sent them a stinking email about the way my enquires were dealt with, they were rude and unhelpful!! Lets see how I get on ::)
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • sevlow
    sevlow Posts: 227 Forumite
    I regularly travel from Birmingham to Newcastle and use qjump to purchase tickets.

Use the site to try several dates and times - you can get better deals if you travel off-peak.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    Hello, I have booked the cheap fares and the times seem to be : the 11.30am from Kings Cross, then the 10.00pm from Kings Cross and the 18.22 from Durham to Kings Cross, I have successfully booked at 20.00 pounds per person (actually somebody published a pound off voucher code on here, but it expired 31st July) - hope this helps
    Titch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport