Started PPI And received form to fill in?

JedMcD
JedMcD Posts: 1 Newbie
TITLE MEANT TO SAY STARTED PPI AND...

After having contacted the Halifax re claiming PPI on My mortgage ive had since 79 and explained that i am unaware if ive had ppi or not? Which is genuine as i haven't a clue and havnt bothered about all this until my son prompted me to ring them. Anyway, They have sent me a form to fill in and return. The thing is this form states sections and all very simular as in. Please tell us where you worked when you took out the insurance, Was the insurance explained to you, What savings did you have when you took the insurance.....All the sections are of a similar frame.

Now if i fill any of these in. In my mind its like saying i knew i had the insurance in the first place. so what do i do? Do i just return it adnt even know i had it or what?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Call them.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just give them the info they are asking for, if you don't know if you had PPI, that is what you put.

I would have thought after 38 years, they would not have any info regarding this Mortgage, not sure if it was "PPI" back in the day, just Mortgage insurance that, if you had any, may have been compulsory at the time.
  • Loanranger
    Loanranger Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    PPI is only mis-sold if you already had adequate insurance, perhaps through your employer. This is my understanding but I will stand corrected if I am wrong.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You won't have been sold PPI on a mortgage which originated in 1979. PPI was a mid-eighties product and, even then, was rare until later.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    After having contacted the Halifax re claiming PPI on My mortgage ive had since 79

Which is long before PPI was available....

Now if i fill any of these in. In my mind its like saying i knew i had the insurance in the first place. so what do i do? Do i just return it adnt even know i had it or what?

Be truthful. They probably havent even checked to see if you had it yet and are waiting to see what your complaint reasons are.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure