IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye fine

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    You can create a new thread on the link above, just look on the left hand corner and you'll see the button there with ' New Thread ' on it
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • azzyb
    azzyb Posts: 7 Forumite
    done, cheers, you can delete these messages if you like :)
  • 53girlie
    53girlie Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have to share this latest con, which I'am wondering about going to Watchdog with... My mother recieved a "FINE" in November 2012. As instructed she ignored the letters, even the 'reduced fee' letters.. Now its July 2013 I have just recieved a ''FINE'' from parking eye with a lovely picture of MY MUMS CAR..!! A letter enclosed says how I have commited fraud (LOL) by not informing DVLA of my new address??? Now I have to say My mum and I have the same name, however NEVER has her car been registered to me. So does this not breach Data Protection as they have obviously got my details from somewhere... A few back handers being paid for information I think.. I am of course ignoring the letter but i'd love to hear your views...
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Short letter back saying something like

"This charge is invalid as I have never owned, driven or parked the vehicle in question. I am not, nor ever have been the registered keeper. You have made a mistake. Further communication will result in complaints to every damned regulatory body I can think of, including the BPA.

Very happy for you to send me a POPLA code where I will inform them that the vehicle has never been mine or even better, take me to court and I will employ a solicitor and barrister and hit you with the costs.

Have a nice day
    "
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:04AM
    53girlie wrote: »
    I have to share this latest con, which I'am wondering about going to Watchdog with... My mother recieved a "FINE" in November 2012. As instructed she ignored the letters, even the 'reduced fee' letters.

Now its July 2013 I have just recieved a ''FINE'' from parking eye with a lovely picture of MY MUMS CAR..!! A letter enclosed says how I have commited fraud (LOL) by not informing DVLA of my new address??? Now I have to say My mum and I have the same name, however NEVER has her car been registered to me. So does this not breach Data Protection as they have obviously got my details from somewhere... A few back handers being paid for information I think.. I am of course ignoring the letter but i'd love to hear your views...

Woah!!!!!!!

You must complain to the Information Commissioner as I really think that breaches data protection. If they suggest you have committed fraud then IMHO that is defamatory libel as well. Can you start a new thread and show us the letter please, this is shocking.

See my signature below for where to click to get off this thread and onto the current forum of new posts.

this is an old thread - did you not notice the date on the posts above?

Important - the advice has changed and in england/wales is no longer 'ignore'!!!!

Instead we beat these scumbags at appeal (popla etc). No-one pays but no-one ignores due to parking eye going for court now re ignorers.

Get off this ancient archive thread and get onto reading the current advice!!!!!!!!!

Please read the sticky threads, the advice at the top of this forum, one click away - see my signature for where to click!

OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS ROUTINELY, EVERY DAY, SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Woah!!!!!!!

You must complain to the Information Commissioner as I really think that breaches data protection.

Would love that to be correct, but don't think it is.

I believe that they got the address and name the usual way via DVLA. Now why they didn't write there, OP will need to say. But they can use tracing agencies or credit agencies to trace people who have moved.

It is the credit agency's data that is wrong and they are the ones who, if they refuse to change it, need to be reported to the ICO.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:04AM
    this is an old thread - did you not notice the date on the posts above?

Important - the advice has changed and in england/wales is no longer 'ignore'!!!!

Instead we beat these scumbags at appeal (popla etc). No-one pays but no-one ignores due to parking eye going for court now re ignorers.

Get off this ancient archive thread and get onto reading the current advice!!!!!!!!!

Please read the sticky threads, the advice at the top of this forum, one click away - see my signature for where to click!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Guys_Dad
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, the poster says her Mum DID get letters and ignored them. So PE have tried to 'trace' the ignorer and put 2 and 2 together and made 5 and started writing to another person. In doing so they have shown the above poster that there is a 'parking charge' outstanding in respect of the keeper of that car.

So they have told a daughter about her Mum's alleged debt = UNLAWFUL and I think a breach of DPA. Back in the day when I worked in a Bank I am sure this is the case, you can't write to the wrong person and divulge financial information (which includes alleged debt).

With MUM ignoring the correspondence, it is not unlawful for the PPC to engage a tracing company in case they have moved house. And that will cost them more money. If the tracers come back with a new address and the PPC in good faith then writes to that address, then that is not going to be a contravention of DP law - at least not on the PPC's part.

However, once advised, they are obliged to desist from corresponding with the person at that address otherwise DP law would be breached.

But, of course, PPCs must not pretend to have any form of legal powers and suggesting that the motorist (the wrong person too!!) is guilty of a criminal offence is outside the rules of the BPA.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Of course it's a breach, they are writing to the wrong person and accusing them of fraud. If it was me I would go to the police with this, if fraud is suspected that is a criminal matter. They have a duty of care with data and they by the looks of things have misused it in this case.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • 53girlie
    53girlie Posts: 6 Forumite
    Yes the original ''Fine'' was sent in Novemeber to my mums Address at which the car is registered, today I recieved the follow up letter to say they have traced through DVLA to my address. Just to re-iterate the car in the picture has NEVER been registered to my address. I will try and scan in the letter and post it for you. Its all very disturbing how these cowboys manage to get away with it! A friend of mine has just informed me she had a court summons as the law changed in Oct 2012 and as its private land you need to pay, she ended up in court and paid £155..?
    Anyone else heard that or has she been scammed.
    Neither I or my mum shalll be paying, that is for sure!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure