What will you all do?

Options
Hi everyone

Has anybody got any plans for what they are going to do to celebrate their debt free date? I have worked out that my debt free date will be next July and am wondering how to celebrate (in an economical fashion of course)!!

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• rbelcham
    Options
    I desperately want to learn to fly. So I guess I would book a flying lesson. That said, it's about as uneconomical as I could get!

Probably just sink to my knees in relief and post a note here in celebration.

Well done on nearly being debt free. An inspiration to us all who are struggling!
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My debt free date was also the day I met my boyfriend. We got engaged last month!!
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • bonnie_2
    bonnie_2 Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    Options
    i will be debt free in march. so i am going to book a holiday to devon and treat myself to some clothes with my birthday money then save, save, save.
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi. Although I am now officially debt free, I didnt do anything to celebrate as such, but have to say that the people on this board & Martin, also being in a magazine at the same time, made my becoming debt free a very memorable & special occasion!! I also received "Congratulations" cards from my family which I can keep.

I didnt buy myself anything to celebrate as such, and all I want to do now is to save & go travelling, so all of my spare cash will be going into that - that will be a big enough reward in itself!!
  • Gillby1
    Gillby1 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been thinking about this, coz i'm hoping to pay everthing off earlier than planned - hopefully by April, which doesn't seem to far away now! Once i've paid everything off i plan to start saving, but for that first month i'm taking my boyfriend out for a meal.

My parents have moved to France, so i'll also pay for myself and my sister to travel to a nice spa in France to meet mum for a girly weekend!

Fingers crossed xxx
    Debt free date: October 2006 :money:
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gillby1 wrote:
    I've been thinking about this, coz i'm hoping to pay everthing off earlier than planned - hopefully by April, which doesn't seem to far away now! Once i've paid everything off i plan to start saving, but for that first month i'm taking my boyfriend out for a meal.

My parents have moved to France, so i'll also pay for myself and my sister to travel to a nice spa in France to meet mum for a girly weekend!

Fingers crossed xxx

Thats excellent if you can bring your DFD back from October to April - well done!! Any secrets you would like to share with us? :0)
  • Gillby1
    Gillby1 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    No interesting secrets - just a complete obsession with paying things off and not spending too much! I've just managed to up my monthly payments, and my pay rise is going on CCs too. I'm getting better all the time, and my estimation of how much money i need to spend each month is going down and down.

It's great!
    Debt free date: October 2006 :money:
  • pro_bono
    Options
    My complete debt free date (which includes mortgage) is Dec 2009 so I have another 4 years to pinch other peoples ideas.
    Congratulations sfry and everybody else who has reached their own goal.
    Day by day, Week by week, Year by year, its getting closer for the rest of us.
    :beer: Pro Bono Publico :beer:
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    I'll save up for a holiday to Alaska or Scandinavia to see the aurora borealis.

Jules
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • johannamse
    Options
    Like others I will be deciding what holiday to go on and saving toward that.

I am really just looking forward to saving and no longer having to think about debt all the time, but "mmmm, do I have the best ISA?"

Otherwise, I might just go ballistic in Primark and spend whatever I want (which would probably be about £30 !!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure