Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

1101112131416»

Comments

• An update on the previous post. Having finished with RHE in April 2017 they sent a bill in September 2017 saying it was my final energy bill, it wasnt!
    Ive now had another final bill dated Feb 2018 and checking online Ive discovered that the original bill for March 2017 has been removed (lucky i had a copy) and replaced by an updated version.
    As is the norm for most utility companies I will be wasting more of my time trying to resolve their mistakes. If you add up all the time you spend on it we were probably better off when it was nationalised. No choice and we were all paying they same.
  • gryphon
    gryphon Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just had a scan through the last page or so of this thread just to see what other peoples experiences were, surprised to see some of them.

I have just finished a years contract with Robin Hood and apart from teething troubles registering meter reading the first 2 months i've had no problems at all. I did like the monthly bill and it was one of the clearest bills to understand i've had in recent years.

I started with Pure Planet on 10th of Feb so immediately cancelled my DD with RH, knowing i was in credit with them substantially. I received my final bill within 10 days and the owed me about £70. I phoned gave them my details and money was in the bank within 3 days.

Regarding phone calls to RH i had 3 maybe 4 over the year with them and after waiting in a queue got through every time.

I would at this moment in time have no problems returning at a later date.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    gryphon wrote: »
    I've just had a scan through the last page or so of this thread just to see what other peoples experiences were, surprised to see some of them.

I have just finished a years contract with Robin Hood and apart from teething troubles registering meter reading the first 2 months i've had no problems at all. I did like the monthly bill and it was one of the clearest bills to understand i've had in recent years.

I started with Pure Planet on 10th of Feb so immediately cancelled my DD with RH, knowing i was in credit with them substantially. I received my final bill within 10 days and the owed me about £70. I phoned gave them my details and money was in the bank within 3 days.

Regarding phone calls to RH i had 3 maybe 4 over the year with them and after waiting in a queue got through every time.

I would at this moment in time have no problems returning at a later date.

I liked Robin Hood Energy, only left due to getting cheaper tariff after the 1st year fix. Only gripe I had was them sending a meter reader round at night in winter requesting to read my gas meter when my gas was with a different supplier.

I know it wasn't a bogus caller or scammer as RHE confirmed that they had sent meter reader and that they tell them to read both meters even when the customer only has one energy from them.
  • Joe_L
    Joe_L Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I inherited RobinHood as a supplier from the previous tenant and so far I'm not impressed. In fact I'd say they are all over the place. Twice now I have 2 bills, for consecutive months, land on my door mat the same morning. I have had carried over amounts that I'd paid and have had to dispute. They also tried to bill me for the previous tenant and there are two accounts on their website for my address. They don't respond to emails and are hard to contact. In short, they're a mess and, as a frugal user, I'm fed up having analyse every bill for mistakes because I can't trust them to get it right. I've never had these sort of problems with an energy company before and so will be leaving once I've sorted out the crazy, inflated last bill they sent me. Avoid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure