Missy’s debtfree seperation! Hugs & support needed

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    Options
    I felt exactly the same. You know you've made the right choice deep down and it will get easier

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Oh gosh Missy so sorry to hear this. Hope your ok. You're in the right place for support xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wondered where you had gone to missy. We are all here for you. Hope your okay xx
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you! Just trying to get sorted, need to get bits and pieces of furniture and ty and afford normal things like food and after school club. It wont all kick in until next week when I move out properly I guess. Havent seen ex as hes away, just know theyll be fireworks and arguments when hes back and he wont tell me when that is so Im like a cat on a hot tin roof!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Think I need to reread your diary hidden for tips and help on how to survive singlemumness on a teeny budget.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    My original diary has gone :( It was deleted

You know where I am if you need anything though. There's quite a few diaries around of singleness and being frugal though x

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Oh my goodness isn!!!8217;t setting up home expensive! I haven!!!8217;t a clue about broadband or energy suppliers or anything really. I haven!!!8217;t moved for about 15 years!! Need to buy all new bedding and kitchen stuff along with towels and extra clothes for the children! It!!!8217;s all starting to add up!
  • Working_Mum
    Options
    Hey MissyMoo,
    Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. As one single parent to another I promise you it does get better and there are loads of benefits to being a single Mum BUT it can be a lonely and isolated place until you find your feet.

Thinking about furnishing your place - do you have a Freecycle group near you?? You can post for items wanted i.e bed, kitchen equipment etc and also post items you no longer need on there. I regularly see requests for household furniture as people set out and also lots of posts for people downsizing - it may be a way of making your pennies goes further. I am always amazed at how generous people are.

Have subscribed to your thread to follow your story.

(((Hugs)))

WM
  • CapricornLass
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I know the supermarkets come in from a lot of stick from us, but you might find that the big 4 a fruitful hunting ground for reasonably priced bedding and towels. Lidl's stuff can also be good, but of course depends on when the stuff is in. I can't say about Aldi as I've never bought any of their stuff.

If you are near an IKEA, that is often a good place for cheap kitchen equipment, especially their pots and pans and their cutlery. I got their cheap white crockery, but I've found that marked badly in use - still it might tide you over until you are able to afford something more to your liking.
    Sealed Pot Challenge no 035. Fashion on the Ration: 24/66 coupons spent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure