NST January: Health, Wealth and a Life Well Lived

1606162636466»

Comments

• Thanks Applemuncher for January.

Petrol came in at £39.62 as I had half a tankful 1st Jan. Needed topping up last week, so in front again for February.

Groceries £235.71, but also £38 eating out and takeaways, so total £273.71/£300.

Have ordered first delivery of groceries for February and have stayed under £65, even after restock of cupboards, cereals, tinned stuff etc.

Managed 12 NSD a record for me, but failed on the logging in each day but I did read along.

Am still in my overdraft but have reduced it by £200, as well as paying all minimum payments. My Ynab 'things I forgot to budget for is the highest category that is not paid off. Little things like mouse get rid of stuff soon add up.
    Overall I am pleased with how I did for my first ever proper budget and have small savings accounts set up for car maintenance, presents, holidays, hair and acupuncture pot. The bank must think I am weird but I know I will eventually have enough in the pots to cover various things as they come due.

I have to find £170 this month to cover travel insurance and coach fare to Southampton. My mum is paying for me to go away with her on a special cruise which features 23 performers such as Alfie Boe and Katherine Jenkins. All are world class artistes so it should be a good trip, and it also includes a private visit to the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao - so another of my bucket list items will be crossed off the list.

I think I will have to put the cost of my holiday with friends on the credit card and arrange an extra payment per month to cover this. We are going all inclusive so shouldn't need much extra.

So that is me and my situation for January. Going down the forest to forage the yellow stickers attached to goodies, wend my way through the pathway known as fridge/freezer to see what is lurking and search the undergrowth known as stock cupboards to see what resides within. All of which will be used to keep costs down in February.

See you all on Februarys challenge, whilst leaving hugs and prayers for all who need them Regards
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • This last week I've been runaround, and now DD2 is ill with some-up-down temp thing. I suspect an ear infection. It's day 2.5 for her. With doctors not prescribing anti-bios these days, I hope the calpol is enough.

I have made it to the goal of 18 NSD, first time ever I've managed that.
    PLUS, thanks to learning how you Ninja's plan, I squirreled away money in two seperate accounts and have a good head start for the year financially. It would have been better if some things like leaky taps and lost school ties had not happened. Nothing is going on the CC any more.

I really want to thank you all for your tips inspiration and daily up dates. The latter make for excellent reading and you do all make me smile at times.

Apple thank you so much for running the thread, those questions were an interesting prompt for some deep thinking.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you so much for running the thread apple

I think I ended on 16 SFDs which
    I!!!8217;m quite happy with :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thank you for running the January challenge Apple.

I ended the month with money left over.

See you on the February challenge.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you for running January Apple.

I did my first grocery shop from February's budget last night but still managed to forget plain flour so I can't make cheese sauce for cauli cheese today. Instead of rushing out to get it I have switched the menu (loose plan) around and today we will have Lentil Nut Loaf (I think that is the name) from Thrifty Lesley's blog.

I had two very weird dreams last night, in the first a wild cat came in through my bedroom window and attacked me, I tried to grab the scruff of it's neck but couldn't, that one woke me up panting.

In the second I had gone to meet with Donald Trump and half way through the meeting his very old and smelly dog came in and on each eye it had a large pat of garlic butter.

Plan to repair a couple of items of clothing today, do some work, walk the dog, possible run or cycle but it is icy at the moment and do some cleaning.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I had gone to meet with Donald Trump and half way through the meeting his very old and smelly dog came in and on each eye it had a large pat of garlic butter.

:rotfl:Wonder if Melania does the same? :rotfl::rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Thank you for running January Apple.

I did my first grocery shop from February's budget last night but still managed to forget plain flour so I can't make cheese sauce for cauli cheese today. Instead of rushing out to get it I have switched the menu (loose plan) around and today we will have Lentil Nut Loaf (I think that is the name) from Thrifty Lesley's blog.

I had two very weird dreams last night, in the first a wild cat came in through my bedroom window and attacked me, I tried to grab the scruff of it's neck but couldn't, that one woke me up panting.

In the second I had gone to meet with Donald Trump and half way through the meeting his very old and smelly dog came in and on each eye it had a large pat of garlic butter.

Plan to repair a couple of items of clothing today, do some work, walk the dog, possible run or cycle but it is icy at the moment and do some cleaning.

They do say you should never meet your heros
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Thanks for running this challenge, apple :)

Will see everyone on this month's thread :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thank you AppleMuncher for this month's thread. Sorry I tailed off towards the end. Family stuff took over.

Fmess - Belated Birthday wishes.

Thanks Mothernerd for tackling February!!!

xxx
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income