NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. Albert Einstein
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Organise October

Organise/Declutter –
    Lunch – Avocado on toast
    Dinner – Curry from freezer

Regular – spent zero

Get Ready – moved plants to frost free zone

SFD : 3/15

Improvise : Use an old wall hanging as a curtain for the back door. It is on a pole, so just need two hooks.

Stoptober : Aim to not even look at eBay today - achieved

Exercise : Walk the dog for at least 20 mins per day. Also do back & neck exercises - Done

One More Time : Stuck to SW plan (ish!)

Christmas :
    Extra Income : private little job today £25

Food Budget : £200 /£48.18
    SFD : 15 / 3
    Stoptober : No spending on eBay 31/5
    October Goal : Lose 8lbs /
    Extra Income : £100 /£56.06
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    For yesterday

Organise - ys sausages, wedges and broccoli for tea last night. OH wasn't feeling too well and just had some tinned soup. I'll take his portion with me today as I'm working at 2nd job after my job.

Budget - £51.73/£150 food, £15/£20 social
    £6.03 payment made to the debt :)

NSDs - 5/20 yesterday :D today will be a spend day as I'll need to get bread and milk for me and milk for OH.

Stoptober - no snacking

Exercise - over 17,000 steps, ran home from work :)

Christmas - really need to make a start on this

Extra income - 8 hour overtime shift at my work plus a couple of surveys
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10549.64/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1409.88/£1500 (94% saved).
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just checking in-

NSD number 5!! hub is away until 24th so hoping to get most of these in and be under budget until he comes back.

Back on my healthy eating toda. & goiNg to take the boys somewhere English heritage , they were dragged around town yday so I promised them a more fun day.

Corned beef for tea which I will make too much of to save for another meal.

Today I am greatful for a more chilled out day, that the estate I live on has so many things coming up (like halloween) that they really make an effort with for the kids, for the support I get from work & my family while hub is away (albeit emotional as they're miles away) and for my littlie going to bed like a good boy last night & seeming more like his usual lovely self after a few off weeks.

Have a lovely weekend all xx
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,870 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yesterday was odd. Not a NSD but everything that was on my proper list was out of stock, from the stuff at the supermarket (totally empty freezer shelf) to the Korean mini market down the road. I guess they are reaping the benefit of the students returning after a slower summer trade. Annoying for me though. I seemed to spend most of the afternoon leaving shops without buying anything at all. Did get a nice YS haul in Mr T's, ice pops and things for the kids. No nutritional value, but still a treat.

Not sure about my coat hooks. Will go and look at some more today. I have bought a 2 meter length of pre-painted skirting for £6 that I want to put the hooks on (making 2 or 3 - not a massive 2m long school cloakroom thing) as the ones you can buy in the shops look really small, and I want something put up quite high, and longer than the ones in the shops . There are 6 of us! We have coats! and hats, and scarfs, and snoods, and gloves, and well, STUFF! and it does not need to be dumped on the floor in the hall - So there.

Waiting in for mattress topper to be delivered. Well, someone will be waiting in for the mattress topper. Once DH gets up I am gone. !!!!!!!!!

It will not be a NSD but I have £55 left in the budget until Monday,
    I am ordering blinds online today. After I have done all the outside stuff that needs to be done.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Getting better at checking in although not much to report :)

I have to rescind my alcohol free day from yesterday...My OH came from from work with beer! I only had one though which is a huge achievement for me on a Friday night, I usually have quite a bit. Going round a friends house tonight and planned takeaway (from personal spend) and some wine, be good to catch up!

I am going to do a 'freezer audit' to see what HM meals are left then work out my shopping list from there and do a few top up meals to keep a good amount of HM food in the freezer. It is still pretty full to be honest but want a good mix of meals. I bought some Lidl sausages last week for my OH's breakfasts and he doesn't like them so put them in the freezer. Going to make a sausage and butter bean stew with them for his lunches, he will eat them!! I am following a specific diet so can't eat them!

I weighed myself today and I am 5lbs lighter than 2 weeks a go :j Happy with this and it has spurred me on...just 2 stone to go!!
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    foxholes don't know what ages yours are but when my boys were small I had two rows of coathooks (mine were on bits of spare wood left from other projects, then stained and varnished) - one at normal adult height and one lower down at the right height for the children. There were enough spare for their gym bags (one less thing to hunt for in the mornings) and scarves and mittens/ sun hats as appropriate). If it's staring them in the face they learn to hang them up (except for DS3 who's a serial sling it over the back of a couch - whole couch these days as he's very tall and has a fondness for for length coats).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - Brunch today - had to get mushrooms & sausages. Dinner out tonight.

Pay debts/ savings - £20 transferred to kitchen fund

Budgets
    * Food - 43.42/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 60/60
    * Clothes 0/75
    * Gifts 28/150 - ordered DS2's school pics - some will be for gifts so have apportioned cost
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 0/200 (stretch 150) - will update this tomorrow after tonight's outing:)

NSD - 5/12 Nope - tiny shop in A1di, ordered school pics DS2 and we are eating out tonight. Oh - and DS1 had long overdue visit to barber shop!

Improvise -

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 3/4 - oops

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way"
    Debt at start of year more than halved.
    Weight/ fitness = Still need to weigh myself

Extra income -50 y0ug0v points and small flebay sale (of an item I got free :T)

Christmas - couple of the photos ordered will be included in presents

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins not yet taken today so still 5/31
    4 - Maintenance - need to contact plasterer & electrician by 10/10. (Have mentioned it to electrician's wife - mum at school - but need to do it properly) OH has messaged plumber we used for bathrooms before - fingers crossed he still has the same email.....
    Have messaged plasterer (03/10) - no reply as yet and I phoned plumber (03/10)- no longer trading so now need to find a plumber....

Gratitudes:
    * it's the weekend
    * looking forward to tonight
    * DD has messaged and is enjoying the start of Y2 at uni
    * washing mostly dry
    * my mum has taken smalls out for hours!

ETA: Do Vet appointments (non routine) count as medical expenses and so NSDs can be retained or not...?
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry guys I dint check in yesterday..
    So a breif of where I'm at:

SFD: still on 3/16 going to try to add another one today
    Bring lunch to work- 4/22
    Stoptober- still not smoking- 4/31

Budgets:

groceries- [STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/62.38
    going out [STRIKE]50[/STRIKE]/20
    occassions- [STRIKE]28[/STRIKE]/1.32
    beauty-[STRIKE]10[/STRIKE]/5
    clothes[STRIKE] £40[/STRIKE]/21.95
    petrol- £20

paydebt: £7.16 sent to loan payment account

Xmas: Nothing done yet will definitely make a plan of action for this tonight- need to do something.

Thats all I've got so far...happy Saturday everyone x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Day 7

NSDs: 4/15 another NSD
    Exercise: Cycled - 1/12
    10k steps - 4/22
    Food Budget: 15.58/100
    Extra Income: 66.84/150

Nothing has changed on yesterday, had a lovely day with the small and only spent £10.30 which was entrance and car parking. Today should have been a lot more spendy but I put off food shopping and fuel and will get this tomorrow instead.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport