Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• Mummykate wrote: »
    I've just recieved an email from Thomas cook the technical problem (faulty master start switch) was not found during routine checks they say if it was they would not be defending the claim

Are they sure it wasn't a dodgy starter motor? Or sugar in the petrol tank? They seriously are a joke aren't they?!
  • grazzzz wrote: »
    T C have finally filed there defence it's nearly 3 weeks late from the cut off point set by the court and they are claiming I don't have a private law cause of action and use Graham & Anr as there point in law as I'm claiming 261/2004 not a civil claim for damages I don't get it ?

I don't understand the point in having a cut off point set by the court if TC continually ignore it AND get away with it by lying and making up new addresses and phony excuses? Is there not a way we can all club together and expose them for doing this? My solicitor has just filed for a default judgement as TC were meant to respond by the 16th Sept and nothing. I'm just waiting for the lies to start to flow from them. A change of address should be first. Why do the courts allow this EVERY time?
  • Chilli2001 a joke they certainly are good luck with trying to get judgement by default I did however they have now sent an application to set aside the judgement as they did not receive it due to an internal error apparently like that's my problem.
  • Mummykate wrote: »
    Chilli2001 a joke they certainly are good luck with trying to get judgement by default I did however they have now sent an application to set aside the judgement as they did not receive it due to an internal error apparently like that's my problem.

Although we all know they did receive it and just wanted to wait and see if we bothered to file for judgement before making up some weak lie to the court! :mad:
  • Yes the judgement was issued a month ago and the court have not recieved no set aside app form from tc they say they sent it I think they might start to believe there own lies soon.
  • chili2001 wrote: »
    I don't understand the point in having a cut off point set by the court if TC continually ignore it AND get away with it by lying and making up new addresses and phony excuses? Is there not a way we can all club together and expose them for doing this? My solicitor has just filed for a default judgement as TC were meant to respond by the 16th Sept and nothing. I'm just waiting for the lies to start to flow from them. A change of address should be first. Why do the courts allow this EVERY time?
    Courts allow it because they know that TC can afford bigger and better barristers than the likes of you and me, Companies with large budgets are much more likely to appeal any decision than individuals on a tight budget, not that I am bitter or anything!
  • I have received voucher for £1386 in the following response from TC but as I've already booked next years holiday and its only valid for 1 year the its no good to me.

Having carried out a full investigation into the delay to your flight, a payment of compensation is applicable in line with Regulation 261/2004. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a discount voucher to the value of £1376.00, which equates to a payment of £344.00 per person. This voucher can be used against the cost of a future holiday with us, full terms and conditions of which are on the reverse.

I've emailed them twice in 3 weeks asking for a cheque or direct bank transfer but have had no response. Do I now have to take them to court- any help on how I move on this.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    DebDeb62 wrote: »

I've emailed them twice in 3 weeks asking for a cheque or direct bank transfer but have had no response. Do I now have to take them to court- any help on how I move on this.

NBA letter enclosing copy of vouchers giving them 14 days to pay in legal tender. If no response then take them to Court.
  • DebDeb62 wrote: »
    I have received voucher for £1386 in the following response from TC but as I've already booked next years holiday and its only valid for 1 year the its no good to me.

Having carried out a full investigation into the delay to your flight, a payment of compensation is applicable in line with Regulation 261/2004. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a discount voucher to the value of £1376.00, which equates to a payment of £344.00 per person. This voucher can be used against the cost of a future holiday with us, full terms and conditions of which are on the reverse.

Giving you vouchers without consulting you is a breach of EC 261/2004, so certainly send them a letter before action, they have absolutely no defence against this action. I would also write and complain to the CAA. Could you also post which flight you were on, and give any details of the reason for the delay, to assist any other passengers.
  • I came across a TC customer service forum and asked a live help agent and within 3 hours had a phone call and the money is on its way to my bank account !
    For anyone else on this flight it was from Kos to Manchester on 24/7/10.
    :jFlight no TCX164 Due takeoff at 21.55 but delayed until aprox 4.00am on 25.7.10. We flew back on MINT airways as a replacement for our plane.
    I can recall we had about 10 Everton ladies football team on out flight and they kept us entertained.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure