My debt free wannabe diary.....

15678911»

Comments

• Jeez girl - what a predicament!!! It can't be helped you feel guilt - but remember you need to do what you need to do... and feel so good that he thinks enough of you to chat to the big wigs…. Also remember that if they did have to make you redundant – would they feel so much guilt? It’s taken me a while to realise that it’s only me that really looks after me in this world and to take what I can when I can in the job world.

I take it there is no way in the world you could do uni part time and your current job part time? Sorry if I sound a clutz… just have no idea what you’re going to uni for??

Hope you’re not feeling too much guilt hun!! Try not to!!!

xx
    LBM - 17th November 2008 - better late than never :rolleyes:
    Challenges - 2009 - Reduce CC to £1k by December
    June - Food £86/£130 * Petrol £50/£80 * Weekly allowance * £80/£160
  • Hi-De-Hi campers!!

How are ye all today?

Thanks Emms, you're right, I'm sure if they decided to get rid of me they wouldn't give it a second thought! I'll just take it as a compliment, and keep schtume!! I'll worry about more when I actually need to hand my notice in!!

I've not been very MSE recently! :o I do actually go to the bother of making a budget every month, but I still always seem to go over it slightly! :rolleyes:

This month it was kind of valentines that killed me - but what a weekend it was!! We had a great night on Friday, and with the shifts OH works, combined with the constantly livig a frugal life, we don't often get to do things like that together - so it was worth every penny!!

I'm still waiting on a few things that I switched to come out of my account, but I'm expecting to be around £40-60 overdrawn, and I don't get paid 'til a week on Friday - so it'll be a quiet couple of weeks for me!! I'm gonna try cram in as many NSD's as I possibly can!! :D

On a very big plus point, the weight-loss campaign is going well!! :T And since I've lost a wee bit of weight, I decided to go and get measured for a bra for the first time ever the other night (the ones I had were literally falling off me!!) - and I'm only a 32D!! I've been wearing a B cup for years, and moaning about how little I had up top - and it turns out I've been a D - Cup all along - and that's them shrunk!! Whoo hoo!! Sorry, I realise that's a total tangent, and nothing to do with DFW - but you no idea how much that revelation cheered me up!! :D;) Plus, it does account for £50 that I spent over the weekend - since I got myself a few new bra's!! ;):o

xx
  • LOL at bra - as they say (love to know who they are) ... 80% of women wear the wrong bra!! Woohoo to the girls being well supported!!! And a 32 back is nothing to be sniffed at hun!! Sounds like the weight loss is going fab!!

Definitely don't be too harsh on yourself for the weekend - those sorts of things are needed once in a while to keep relationships happy (especially if your OH works shift!) Sounds like you're doing well though hun!

xx
  • LittleEmms
    LittleEmms Posts: 540 Forumite
    Miss you my scottish twin xx
  • Never fear, my dear - I'm baaaaa-aaaaack!!!! Tee hee!! Had a fabby time on hols, and now I'm all bronzed and chilled-out, ready to start the work-a-thon I have ahead of me starting Saturday!!

Money-wise - well, I've well and truly fallen off the frugal wagon!! :rolleyes: I've just had a wee shifty at the figures though, and - here goes........

Current Bank Balance: £476.35

Set out-goings:
    Rent £114.65 (random figure I know, but I've taken off
    the money mum owes me from hols!)

Remainder: £361.70
    Credit Card Debt: £1102.17 :eek: (Mum owes me £400ish of this though)

Savings: £700.74

So - I guess that leaves me with £361.70 to survive on for the rest of the month, and that needs to cover transport to/from my new weekend job (haven't figured out how much this'll be yet - I'll drive on Sundays probably as it's £2 parking all day, which will defo be cheaper than a return train fayre, but need to figure out how much it's gonna cost for Saturdays as well). I also need to get a birthday pressie for my nephew, and something for mother's day!

Obviously daily living expenses need to come off that too, but I'll have to try my best to keep that to a minimal! Anything I have left at the end of the month, will be transferred over to my savings!

I know it's maybe a contradiction to have "savings", while I still have a balance on my credit card, especially since one pretty much cancels the other out - but I also need to find £1000 at the end of this month to pay for Mexico (my bro's wedding - I know the holidays are swallowing up a lot of my money just now - but for different reasons both were necessary!). Plus, as it's a new Credit Card, the purchases were interest free until mid-March, although I don't know the exact date - and I'm not sure when I'm likely to get my first statement through, and when I'll therefore need to pay it off before I start paying interest! I'm hoping I can wing it long enough, to get enough money from the wages from my second job to clear off the CC!

Phew - sorry for the mammoth ramblings!! That probably all sounds a bit jumbled - and that's cause it is!! In my head anyway! ;) If anyone has any ideas on how to manage everything a bit better - then please feel free to shout!! :D

xx
  • LittleEmms
    Hi hun

Just wanted to say :wave: and welcome back!!!

No ideas on how to manage anything better - still learning myself :rolleyes: ... but glad you had a good break hun! (am somewhat envious of the bronzing!)

Good to see you back!! :D

xx
  • :hello: Morning all!!

Hopw you're all happy on this lovely sunny morning!!

Life's pretty god damn good for me at the mo - I don't even have one single grumble!! :D (well, I suppose I could grumble that it never seems to be my turn to win the lottery - but since I don't play at least I know the reason why! ;) )

Had my first weekend in my new job on Saturday - and I had a great time! We didn't actually really get started on any work as such 'til last night, but it's a really good bunch of people I'm working with - so it was a really good laugh!

Plus - on the money front - managed to stumble across a car park, totally by accident, where I can park all day in the centre of Glasgow on a Saturday for £3.50, and it's just around the corner from my work. So that's much cheaper than a return train fayre, plus, I'd budgetted £2 per day for parking on a Sunday - and I've found somewhere which is free on a Sunday!! :j Won't exactly make me a millionaire - but that;s an extra £4.50 per week that I don't need to spend!! :T AND it turns out, that because they class working Sundays as unsociable hours, I'll be getting a 10% premium for every Sunday worked - which is quite handy - since my standard hours are a SAturday/Sunday! :D

Overall - I'm a happy little bunny at the mo! My life's been stagnating for the last year or so - but it kinda feels as though my new job is the first step in the start of the next chapter for me! :D

Anyways - I'm off to do some work for a change! ;)

Catch yees all laters!!

xx
  • LittleEmms
    Glad to hear all going well hun!! And yay to feeling a step in the right direction of your ‘new chapter’! Good to hear you’re working with a good bunch of people – makes such a difference to 'having to go to work'!!
    Plus - on the money front - managed to stumble across a car park, totally by accident, where I can park all day in the centre of Glasgow on a Saturday for £3.50, and it's just around the corner from my work. So that's much cheaper than a return train fayre, plus, I'd budgetted £2 per day for parking on a Sunday - and I've found somewhere which is free on a Sunday!! :j Won't exactly make me a millionaire - but that;s an extra £4.50 per week that I don't need to spend!! :T
    xx

Not to be sniffed at hun, if you have to do that 46 weeks (take out holidays) that’s a saving of £207 per year!! I like those type of ‘accidental discoveries’. :D

Are you still working for your other company at the moment too??

xx
  • Yup - still plugging away at both jobs!!! - boo to the bills needing paid!! :D

Not long to go though - haven't actually figured out the number of days left 'til I can hand my notice in - but I'm planning on doing it on the 1st of June - so hopefully it'll fly in! I'll be a busy bee in the mean time though trying to juggle both jobs as well as have a life - but hey - being superwoman oughta help!! ;) :rotfl:

xx
  • LittleEmms
    Two jobs hun - I salute you Superwoman!!! :D

Well done on the juggling them and having a life... I find it difficult juggling one job and an attempt at a life and housework!!! I wouldn't know what to do if I threw a second job or kids in that mix :o

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business