Dreaming of a life after debt

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi

I'm in bed with hot water bottle as my stomach is flaring up again:(. I'm hoping it will settle soon and things will return to normal. I'm taking my Mum out for lunch tomorrow so hopefully I will be feeling better soon.

I saw my new counsellor soon and she explained that she had an ED in the past as well and hopefully I will click with her.

I've a super busy day ahead -
    • run
    • volunteer
    • visit old work
    • iron
    • lunch out
    • return items I shouldn't have ordered in the first place.

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning :)

I'm on leave today :). It looks like I will not be running today as stomach still tender but I will not rule it out totally. I go through spells like this ... no IBS (or only minor flare ups) for ages & ages and then it goes nuts which started last week:(.

Today is the end of my first week of new envelope method & I have about £60 still in 'others' & £1 in grocery. It has really reigned in my spending this week but I have diesel & lunch out to pay for today so there will only be coppers left this week:o. I have a work friend who I go for walks with at lunchtime & she is such a spendaholic (but has the money to back it up) & I find myself buying things when I'm with her ..which is why I'm taking stuff back to shops today :o.

I took pup to vets yesterday 🐶 with my nephew. Vet remarked on how good natured & placid he was & nephew was so proud :D. Pup got his annual booster & a clean bill of health.

The electoral office are recruiting at the moment for counters & polling clerks so I need to find my GCSE certificates this weekend.

Weekend plans include -
    • Yoga (summer break over)
    • Hunting for certificates
    • General tidying& planning for week ahead
    • Writing 2 x sets of minutes
    • Meeting friends for coffee

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely day x
  • Munchin
    edited 5 August 2017 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Hi

What a very busy day :D I got everything done and I need to tidy the bombsite in front of me before OH gets home :o.

I went back to yoga as the instructor takes a summer break and it was amazing but I am so stiff.

I popped into Asda & almost stuck to my list. I spent over an hour ironing but I distracted myself by watching 'I am Bolt'. I tidied the house and have literally just finished typing up 2 sets of Minutes. To be fair I will have to go over them tomorrow but I always feel that they are almost done no matter what I have thrown at the paper.

I also bought my niece a birthday pressie and it is in the post but I have no hope of it getting it to her by Monday - bad Aunty.

I managed to apply for £5 pay out from Receipt Hog :D. It's taken a long time but I'm getting there.

Weekend plans include -
    • [STRIKE]Yoga[/STRIKE] - loved it but it cost £48 for 6 sessions
    • Hunting for certificates - still hunting:( - no clue where they are.
    • [STRIKE]General tidying& planning for week ahead
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Writing 2 x sets of minutes
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Meeting friends for coffee
      [/STRIKE]

• Munchin
    edited 13 August 2017 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Morning :)

Fun packed day today-
    • [STRIKE]Yoga @ 9.30
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Asda
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Run
      [/STRIKE]
    • Buy file & [STRIKE]highlighter
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE][STRIKE]Fill in job application
      [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    • Iron
    • [STRIKE]Tidy house
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Pick up parcel
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Read work stuff
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Read stuff from therapist
      [/STRIKE]

Therapist has asked me to buy a file & highlighter & put thought into file I want..hmmmmm

So much carp came into work yesterday that I didn't understand so printed it & brought it home:o.

Will update list & budgets later :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

I was busy with budgets this morning and 1 more payment takes me into the £3k category...and then ...2 and then 1....and then none:D. My DFW target is June next year and I would really love to bring it forward but as I have to pay my therapist at the moment I can't see me being able to reduce it much further.

So today I was at mass with my Mum and met my sister for a quick catch up. I have cleaned the kitchen and living room and worked on my budgets. OH is pootling about and tidying up his study.

Week ahead is a wee bit spendy as pup is going in for a groom - there is a dog under all that fur :o. I have therapist to pay and other than that it should be ok. I've paid deposit for 2 Xmas dinners in work already ...yes I'm well aware it's only August:). The incompetent outsourced HR people are still trying to work out if I am entitled to excess fares. I moved to my job in Feb & it's now August. Either they owe me a lot of money and it will go towards my credit card or they don't owe me anything and I'm no worse off but I really wish they would resolve the problem.

Just over 3 weeks and I will be away on holiday :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Update

Money - 13 August 2017

Groceries - £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE]/£
    Other - £[STRIKE]44[/STRIKE]/£

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 370SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 49 coins (1500 coins = £5)

Topcashback -£0 Payable, Confirmed £4.89 & £6.79 Pending
    Prolific - £18.63
    Amazon - £20
    Next - £20

August spends

Sat 12th - £25 Beauticians
    Sun 13th - NSD
    Mon 14th -
    Tues 15th -
    Wed 16th
    Thurs 17th
    Fri 18th

Total = £25
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    All looking good :D x
  • Munchin
    Options
    Afternoon :)

Sipping tea & watching F1 - perfect Sunday.

I've been a bit absent from my diary but I just can't believe how quickly time skips by.

I'm now on 3 weeks leave & I have a list of chores I want to get done during my first week of leave -
    • Cut hedge
    • Strim lane
    • Weed out garden
    • Clear out shed
    • Clean windows
    • Clear out spare room for sister visiting
    • Clean house
    • Sort out holiday clothes

Money front - incompetent HR finally agreed my excess fares and from Feb to next Aug I will get £4 per day & then from Nov 18 it will be £9.50 per day. I could argue that it should be £9.50 the entire time but it's taken 6 months to get this far, so will accept it.

I'm due money in Jan from a fund I've paid £20 a month into for 10 years and I'm tempted to fire that at my debt & be debt free in Jan. I also want to put money in savings as it took me 10 years to get there... decisions, decisions...

Frittering got out of hand again so have to rein it in:o.

Spends this week - just the usual (groceries, diesel & therapist) and possibly lunch out with my Mum :)
  • Munchin
    edited 1 September 2017 at 7:30AM
    Options
    August spends

Sat 26th - NSD
    Sun 27th- NSD
    Mon 28th - NSD
    Tues 29th - £30 (chimney sweep) + £10 Nephew
    Wed 30th - £18 (B&M) + £10 niece birthday
    Thurs 31st -
    Fri 01st -

Total = £68
This discussion has been closed.