Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought a large jelly mould from Poundland earlier today, miles cheaper than Lakeland.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    LouLou wrote: »
    There are also packs of 2x Almay Pure Blends Translucent Shimmering loose powder which looks very nice (wrapped together in cellophane) http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=113668/Pure-Blends-Loose-Finishing-Powder/Almay/Loose-Powders....
    Edit: Also got nail foils (x16 in a pack) in silver/black zebra design. Think I read somewhere that nail foils last longer on the toes..going to try them tomorrow.

....woops, forgot to say, it was the Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundland (old Woolies).
    Re the Almay loose powders, they're now displayed singly in that store, so I can only guess someone mucked up the display originally (they were in x2 packs when I spotted them days ago).

Also, for anyone interested in nail foils, they're selling them in Primark too for £1..I got union jack ones today, and they're x20 per pack to Poundland's x16. A bit of fun anyway. Have to look up Youtube tutorials (mucked up last time I tried it..think heat makes all the difference).
  • ladybabe
    ladybabe Posts: 374 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    got a pack of three babyliss headband, and mixed hair clips today, bargain. also picked up some more of the 200 sandwich bags as always handy :-)

gutted could not find the cupcakes boxes :-(
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    edited 7 May 2012 at 5:18PM
    mb.jpg

Picked up Nature valley chewy trail mix bars today (boxes of 6)
  • I picked up a gorgeous cream tea-light lantern in poundland last week .. was chuffed as I had seen them in other places eg Dunelm exactly the same but selling for £4.99
  • I picked up a gorgeous cream tea-light lantern in poundland last week .. was chuffed as I had seen them in other places eg Dunelm exactly the same but selling for £4.99

are they the ones with the cut-out designs, about 8" tall?

We got some last year *identical* to ones we had from Next... except the Next ones had a glass cylinder "insert" which we discovered was very necessary to use outside - tealight kept being blown out by a gentle breeze! :o

If not, I may invest as I do love tealights and lanterns. I haven't yet told OH I got some pretty lights in £land for the garden parasol... if we ever get enough dry weather to be able to sit outside! :rotfl:
    :hello:

Engaged to the best man in the world :smileyhea
    Getting married 28th June 2013 :happyhear:love:
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    On the subject of candles I spotted some paper bag candle lantern thing's yesterday, 3 in a pack.
    Booo!!!
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    like this:

359wlmu.jpg

that is the one someone on ukbride got from poundland

if its under a different section, please let me know!

xx

What is the purpose of these boxes? What is it that are "posted"? Is this a new custom?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    are they the ones with the cut-out designs, about 8" tall?
    That's the one. Unless air currents are limited, it's probably suitable for indoor use only.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What is the purpose of these boxes? What is it that are "posted"? Is this a new custom?

£10 notes? :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure