Ford money

Hi, I have only just joined this forum so apologises if not submitting right.
Just wondered if anybody has heard of or used Ford Money. They never came up on Martins site when I was looking for best fixed rate deal for 12 months. I have stumbled across them via browsing for best rates, they are offering a 1 year fixed rate Bond with an interest of 1.7 AER.
I'm just after some reassurance before I go ahead. Andy advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andy.

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    One of the World's largest and most famous companies - you'll be fine.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ford are fine, FSCS protected etc but you can get 1.95% from Metro Bank who are also fine
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1621507/Best-savings-rates-Fixed-rate-accounts.html
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I have 2 regular savers with Ford Money opened when they were offering market leading rates and featured on this forum.

Easy to open and operate. One minor niggle is the number of emails they send regarding 'secure messages', which usually tell me only that my deposit has arrived. Other than that, no complaints.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    One of the World's largest and most famous companies - you'll be fine.
    Their size and fame is totally meaningless. The only thing that counts is whether they have FSCS protection - which they do, and therefore it is safe to deposit up to £85K with them.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    colsten wrote: »
    Their size and fame is totally meaningless. The only thing that counts is whether they have FSCS protection - which they do, and therefore it is safe to deposit up to £85K with them.

It's not totally meaningless but it is a secondary factor.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,966 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    On that note Al Rayan bank offers 1.9% profit for a one year fixed... FSCS covered..:)
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    One minor niggle is the number of emails they send regarding 'secure messages', which usually tell me only that my deposit has arrived.
    Last month they sent a secure message to say they are no longer sending secure messages to acknowledge each deposit. They said they would send a text instead.

After my most recent deposit, there was no secure message- and no text either.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Vortigern wrote: »
    Last month they sent a secure message to say they are no longer sending secure messages to acknowledge each deposit. They said they would send a text instead.

After my most recent deposit, there was no secure message- and no text either.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    soulsaver wrote: »
    On that note Al Rayan bank offers 1.9% profit for a one year fixed... FSCS covered..:)

Note that this is "expected" to earn 1.91% - it is not guaranteed!
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    colsten wrote: »

100% correct/

Anyone disputing this is simply a "got to get the last word" freak :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family