Waste Tech - Don't Use

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    BTW, if you are a charity rather than a business, the council should NOT be charging you for 'processing' waste, just collecting it. If that's relevant to anyone but me, tell me to go and hunt out chapter and verse if your council wants to charge for processing.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • I have now received a notice, ignoring my dispute letter, threatening extra interest unless settled\!
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • trinity1_2
    trinity1_2 Posts: 87 Forumite
    I have now received a notice, ignoring my dispute letter, threatening extra interest unless settled\!

Was the dispute over the AWTN charge? I've just had a suspension threat regarding this, no doubt an interest charge will follow
  • trinity1_2
    trinity1_2 Posts: 87 Forumite
    omg seriously I have never encountered such rude customer service staff in my whole life. I tried to contact them again regarding incorrect charges on my invoice dating back to last year, they repeat the same line over and over again and claim that I'm not listening then hung up on me. :mad:
  • trinity1 wrote: »
    Was the dispute over the AWTN charge? I've just had a suspension threat regarding this, no doubt an interest charge will follow

Yeah, I'll be contacting FSB again tomor and fire off another letter. I don't think this company will have any customers once they have finished
  • Savvy_Sue
    Oh joy, oh happiness, Waste Tech called today to see if there was anything they could do to persuade me not to leave them. And I said there wasn't, that the high admin charges, arbitrarily made and increased at will, plus their appalling customer service, had put me off completely.

She offered me the moon: a dedicated customer service person, refund of some charges, reduced bin lift charges ... and I still said no.

My termination notice follows!

I'm looking into Biffa, if anyone's got anything to say about them ... They've been very helpful so far.
  • halloha
    halloha Posts: 1 Newbie
    HELP!!!!! Please can you let me know how to get out of this mess.

My monthy cost has gone up from £26 to £107 and still rising. I'm trying to get out of the contract (10 months to go) and they say it'll cost £549 to get out. What a rip off! GRRRR!! Any tips on how to leave this company.

Thanks
  • Savvy_Sue
    Well, even with 10 months to go it looks as if you'd save money by paying the £549, but I think robert_harper found that you could reduce your collections and save money that way. Could you cope with fortnightly collections? And I don't know if you CAN vary your contract that way, or not.
  • Yes I explain due to recycling I am cutting my collections back. I was not charged just (if you can) be pleasant and ask if you could reduce your collections. Then perhaps try again cutting back again and again
    I'll be part of your case and I know other businesses that would join in the complaint process. Have you been in touch with FSB David?
  • J_C123
    J_C123 Posts: 2 Newbie
    If you have facebook and wanna reach these ppl through other means, all u gotta do is search wastetech in the search box and match the names with the ppl on the url i jsut added. Then the rest is up to you, do wat u like with there emails and facebooks and personal details :P mobile numbers :rotfl:
    I found darrell laws facebook. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport