contactless cards

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    How long do the payments take to go through? I used my card on the London Underground four days ago and the payment still hasn't been debited. There's no till receipt, so I have no way of knowing how much I've been charged.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dunno, it might depend on merchant and or bank.
    I used 2 tsb contactless cards 2 days ago, the available funds have been reduced by the amount spent but when I click "show pending transactions" they say they don't have the data/ "please try again later"
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most electronic payments should arrive within a week. Sometimes they may take longer and you should allow 6 years. Although realistically if its not there within 3 months, it will be unlikely to arrive.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jack_pott wrote: »
    How long do the payments take to go through? I used my card on the London Underground four days ago and the payment still hasn't been debited. There's no till receipt, so I have no way of knowing how much I've been charged.

There is a maximum day fee (£11.80) assuming you correctly scanned in and out using the same card every time on that day so you can presumably work around that?

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/what-is-capping
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    There is a maximum day fee (£11.80) assuming you correctly scanned in and out using the same card every time on that day so you can presumably work around that?

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/what-is-capping

Yes, thanks, I knew it was only going to be about £2-3, it's just irritating me because I'm waiting to enter it on my accounts sheet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure