humadoon Posts: 118 Forumite
    edited 14 May 2017 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Hope it will be quick
  • boonkoh
    boonkoh Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else having issues with Atom bank not progressing quickly or giving misleading information?

Just been told by my broker yesterday that Atom Bank had verbally confirmed they were issuing an offer - only to be told this morning they discovered a "system error" and no offer is forthcoming - I have to go back to valuation stage!

Really upset and not quite sure what to do in such a bizarre situation. Looking to see if my broker can get a resolution, but interested to know if mine is a one-off or there are others out there.
  • Money_Muppet
    Money_Muppet Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    boonkoh wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Atom bank not progressing quickly

We applied and got DIP on 27th April. Our valuation took place yesterday. As of yet we haven't heard a peep from the conveyancer.

I'm getting a bit concerned that this is going to take a long time. I'm paying £7500 to get out of a long fix, but that could drop to £6500 in November. I'm not sure how long my offer would be valid for when it's made, but there will be a point where it'll be in my interest to wait. I've already spoke to my broker about it, and I think unless it moves very quickly from here on in, I'll be rising a complaint on completion.
  • Creashor
    Creashor Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My valuation was two weeks ago. Not heard a peep, other than confirmation that Atom had received the valuation.

I suspect they're struggling under the deluge their rates attracted.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Creashor wrote: »

Job done as far as they are concerned.
  • ca7csu
    ca7csu Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Not straight forward to get it all done... but we got there in the end.

25th April Contacted London and Country regarding Remortgage.

26th April received all the prices and costs etc. Agreed. Valuer and Conveyancer allocated. Decsion in Principle given.

4th May - Valuation
    5th May text to say valuation report had been received.
    Nothing until London and Country ring to say Atom have a query which they wouldn't discuss with the broker.... that's the 25th of May.
    End up ringing Atom after leaving a poor review on Trustpilot.
    They then look into issues with not getting Valuation report on the app etc.
    1st June get text to say valation is available and also an offer has been made.
    Accepted offer.
    See where we go from here.
    Not as easy or hassle free as it could be.
  • ca7csu
    Options
    Creashor wrote: »
    My valuation was two weeks ago. Not heard a peep, other than confirmation that Atom had received the valuation.

We had the same issue. Valuation complete 4th May then a text to say it had been done. London and Country send me a copy.
    Valuation Report appeared in the Vault today - same day we received and accepted the offer.

Some tweaking to be done to get this better.
  • Money_Muppet
    Money_Muppet Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ca7csu wrote: »
    We had the same issue. Valuation complete 4th May then a text to say it had been done. London and Country send me a copy.
    Valuation Report appeared in the Vault today - same day we received and accepted the offer.

Some tweaking to be done to get this better.

Our valuation was on the 17th. Report appeared in Vault on the 25th, but not heard anything else. Has anyone raised a complaint with Atom over the time taken?
  • lottietat
    Options
    We submitted an application through our broker on 25th April, got DIP the next day. Valuation done on May 9th, valuation report received May 16th. Requested building quotes a couple of days later as this is to do a double storey side extension. Not heard anything since!! It's taking an age, but fortunately we are not in a rush. I know they have been inundated with applications, but they should have known that would happen when the offered such good rates!
  • ca7csu
    Options
    I found a phone call highlighted a few issues and they responded quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure