Single 20 something mum - time to kick myself up the bum!

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Opinion polls that I do are & amounts I've got:

Mintvine - £10
    YouGov (you need a lot of points to get to £50 so I'm not there yet)
    OnePoll (again this is slow but they pay out when you reach £40, currently at £13.70)
    Opinion Outpost - £20 off them, you can paid into paypal when you reach 100 pts= £5
    Prolific Academic - £20 paypal - I have £10.45 waiting to be cashed out once I reach £20
    Valued opinions - I've had £30 in Sainsburys vouchers from them

It is deadly boring and they can be very frustrating when they kick you off are after 5 minutes but it's gone towards my credit card
  • Try uk toluna and globaltestmarket.com

Another i have just started doing is power of opinions i have had 20 quid of that in 2 months.
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Thanks for all the tips! I've cancelled the standing order for now so will work out what I will owe the account in the time it takes me to pay everything off. Hopefully once I'm not repaying any debt I can pay what's owed into it within 2/3 months.

Had a nightmare few weeks with my car which has cost me £151 to repair and the engine light has come on today (can see the radiator hose/water pump) is leaking so I'm going to have to get it in to be looked at for that! Having a bad day with that and an assignment score I wasn't happy with so spend £12 on a papa johns pizza to cheer me up! Also popped to tesco for some bits I needed so today was definitely not a NSD.

DFW goals for the rest of the week:
    - Rest of week to be NSDs
    - List some more bits on eBay
    - Batch cook dinners for rest of week
    - Already a member of open, toluna and one opinion so will sign up to other mentioned above
    Debt Total October 2017 £20,511.27 :eek::eek:
  • Hi timetobefrugal. You sound like you are doing great. Sadly I am nearing the end of my 30's. We were frugal to save up the deposit we needed for our new house and we were really good but have now run up debt to get it into a liveable place. So I hope to get back into being frugal.

Shame about the car, there always seems to be something when you think you are getting places with your spending.
  • Thanks for popping by Nymphadora! I wish I were born in a time where credit didn't exist, it seems a lot of us have this attitude that if we can't afford it we'll put it on credit and just pay if back, back then there wasn't the option! Although I do remember my gran paying off a silver locket weekly, but she couldn't have it until it was fully paid for! Good luck on your journey I'll be following!

Well I haven't been doing too great money wise as pretty much the whole of Christmas has gone on CC 6 taking it from £266 to over £700! Annoyed with myself but none of my family know my situation and I can't take the shame of them knowing. Especially considering my mum and her husband gave me a large chunk of money to pay off a loan and move into the house I rent 2 years ago.

Think I'm just having an uggggh why am I so sh*t with money day!!!

Anyway, today was a NSD and I have done my budget for the next 3 months on my spreadsheet so I know what I have spare. I've been making abit of money on Ebay and hope to be able to sell about £50 a month on there. This will go straight to CC 6 to get it paid off ASAP. Food shop has been ordered some hopefully won't need to spend too much on fresh stuff. My mum is sweet and buys my fruit for me every week so I just need vege, milk etc!

Anyway hope everyone has a lovely Christmas! I have not wrapped one present yet so I'm sure it'll be a hectic Christmas eve for me!
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What's done is done now! Your credit card debt has increased but you can start to put that right from January.

BUT the main thing is that you know Christmas is coming again in 12 months time so you can start saving towards it NOW and in 2017 you won't have to put Christmas on your credit card. if you save £50 a month by next October you'd have £500 to spend on Christmas.

You can do it!
  • Kanoona
    Kanoona Posts: 70 Forumite
    What a great thread! :)

Looking forward to reading on in 2017. Wishing you and your little one lots of luck for the new year and a lovely christmas.

Fiona x
    Pay off all your debt 2017: £3500/£0
    Clothing Challenge 2017: £600/£0
    Sealed Pot: £0 Virtual Sealed Pot: £0
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on doing your 3 month budget! That's so organised.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks guys! Not feeling so hard on myself now as I know there will be ups and downs but I know I don't want to live with this black cloud of debt hanging over me for the next 15 years! I want it gone and I know I'm the only one who can sort it. My goal for 2017 is to get it as closest to 10k as I can!

I could clear a larger chunk of the debt this year if I wasn't having to save for my friend's wedding which will cost at least £800 PLUS her hen do but such is life.

I went to a concert on Monday and had my phone robbed so that's cost another £50 excess to get it replaced! Luckily I have quite abit of spare money this month so that's been covered. Car is still knackered I think it may be the head gasket and something is rattling towards the back although I'm ignoring this until the new year because I've pretty much exhausted all my savings fixing it, it's drive-able for now!

Today is pay-day and I have spent a little as wheelgate park have tickets on sale for £7 each so I've spent £14 of these which have come out of my £50 fun money to cover Jan so that's one day out with my daughter covered.

Finishing work until the new year today so tonight will be spent wrapping Christmas presents with a glass of red wine! Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and happy new debt busting new year!!!
  • Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas and new year, I for one am depressed to be back at work today :(

Yesterday was a spendy day as I stocked up on toiletries at superdrug totaling £26 - this came out of Christmas money I received so not out of my budget!

Also has to buy some clothes for my daughter as nothing fits her! So spent £101.66 in tesco including food :eek::eek:. That included laundry liquid and conditioner so shouldn't have to buy any of those for a few months. Although I did forget toilet roll which I'm desperate for :rotfl: so although today was a planned NSD I'll have to grab some on my way home. I have budgeted £50 for food for the rest of the month and £50 for petrol so hopefully that will see me through.

Have calculated after all payments inc debt I'll have £67.42 spare money this month but it's my mum's birthday so half will go towards that. Hopefully I can make an extra £50 on ebay this month but that will go straight to paying off CC 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport