Rated People website

1303132333436»

Comments

• A criminal record or police record is a record of a person's criminal history, normally used by potential employer, lenders etc. to assess his or her honesty. The information included in a criminal record and the existence of a criminal record varies between countries and even between jurisdictions within a country. In most cases it lists all non-expunged criminal offences and may also include traffic offences such as speed and drunk-driving.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    A criminal record or police record is a record of a person's criminal history, normally used by potential employer, lenders etc. to assess his or her honesty. The information included in a criminal record and the existence of a criminal record varies between countries and even between jurisdictions within a country. In most cases it lists all non-expunged criminal offences and may also include traffic offences such as speed and drunk-driving.

Sorry, we're in the land of civilisation, where there are strict rules on what data can be used for, and minor offences are taken off over time.

Criminal record checks are not used by lenders in the UK, and there are strict rules on what jobs they can be used for.
    💙💛 💔
  • I've been on the other end of this rip off website they charge 5 times to different builders just for contact details of a so called lead but you find out you paid £35 for an extension lead but all you have is a over exited women after a few wines on a Friday just looking for a rough price when in reality there's no planning permission no building regs and completely no idea of how much it actually costs. I wasted a year of my company's time on this site bending over backwards for customers that bribe a good feedback to get extra work done. I had over 15 excellent customer feedbacks but when I decided I would not be bribed any more and refused to do more than I priced for all it took was that one customer to give me a bad rating and to insure he was legally able to not pay for the work I'd done (and he was happy with) he found the loophole. All a customer has to do is 1: prove you have contacted the builder saying your not happy.... 2: get a second opinion from another tradesmen (this can be anyone in this case was his dad) then rated people insisted I had to rectify the work if I didn't they will keep my yearly membership fee I will be banned from there site. Here's the catch the customer would not let me in blocked all my calls and e-mailed me saying he will call the police if I knock his door again. This is because the work was fine he just didn't want to pay outstanding balance.i lost over £1500 got banned from rated people but it's the best thing that could've happened they are robbing !!!!!!!s. I think 80% of customers that use this site do so because they have no idea what a good tradesmen is worth and they clearly don't know anyone in the trade and do not trust a hard working builder. We study our trade for a lot longer than solicitors/doctors/pilots I'm still learning after 20 years but this !!!!!!!! of tradesmen buying jobs and competing against each other has ruined our trade. I paid a barrister £600 for two hours work trying to prove a point and get my money back. But people think a 20 years experienced builder deserves less. My tools are over £5000 then there's the van and insurances. Yet £600 for 2 hours barrister had 1 pen and catches the bus. You messed up paying and putting feedback before you noticed faults I feel your pain this website have very strict rules to the point of madness they need to be taken off the internet
  • They are destroying the up and coming building companies of the future there's too many just accepting builders have to undercut one another and bend over backwards for approval. How about those !!!!ers appreciate us for being able to do the !!!! they can't and pay us what we deserve. Word of mouth is dying due to the internet and experience is questioned by office workers that have googled how to build a house 👍
  • Jordant8 wrote: »
    They are destroying the up and coming building companies of the future there's too many just accepting builders have to undercut one another and bend over backwards for approval. How about those !!!!ers appreciate us for being able to do the !!!! they can't and pay us what we deserve. Word of mouth is dying due to the internet and experience is questioned by office workers that have googled how to build a house 👍

That's why I used them once and never again

Its really a dutch auction to the detriment of the trade.

For £1500 you should take the client to small claims
    A judge listens to both of you and makes their decision.

I keep away from this type of stuff as a usually do electrical inspection and testing which means taking lots of photos and covering different angles.
    baldly going on...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport