Lowcost holiday succes

I booked a holiday for my wife and three of her friends with lowcost holidays with my post office credit card. I wasnt travelling with them a lot of people said I coulnt get my money back as my name wasn't on the invoice but I used martins section 75 template letter and got a full refund today.it seems to me as different cc providers have different rules.thanks martin.

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done, generally if you paid on credit card then the invoice itself just needs to contain bits of the card details to claim however this doesnt prevent the whole claim
  • A case of 'if you don't ask you don't get' - good job!
  • Eona
    Eona Posts: 1 Newbie
    I need to provide a breakdown of my holiday costs as I received my flights but not hotel so Rbs are demanding that I get this. Low cost holidays seemed to have had a service where you could have downloaded this up until 19 August however last minute.com failed to inform me. I phoned the liquidator smith and Williamson who seem to have some form of clunky spreadsheet they are working off and can't find my booking. I have e mailed them my original booking however they have not replied despite promising to do so. Does anyone know please how I can get this information as I am utterly frustrated with this whole episode ? I have to also say last minute.com have been an utter disgrace throughout and they should be investigated as they are inextricably linked to this despite their denials that they are just a portal. Yes a portal that fails to do due diligence on its supplier they send you to and one who in very erroneous circumstances moved out of abta and atol in 2014 - did none of that raise questions last minute.com ?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Eona wrote: »
    I need to provide a breakdown of my holiday costs as I received my flights but not hotel so Rbs are demanding that I get this. Low cost holidays seemed to have had a service where you could have downloaded this up until 19 August however last minute.com failed to inform me. I phoned the liquidator smith and Williamson who seem to have some form of clunky spreadsheet they are working off and can't find my booking. I have e mailed them my original booking however they have not replied despite promising to do so. Does anyone know please how I can get this information as I am utterly frustrated with this whole episode ? I have to also say last minute.com have been an utter disgrace throughout and they should be investigated as they are inextricably linked to this despite their denials that they are just a portal. Yes a portal that fails to do due diligence on its supplier they send you to and one who in very erroneous circumstances moved out of abta and atol in 2014 - did none of that raise questions last minute.com ?

Maybe you need to check where last minute.com are based and regulated, it's not the uk.

You probably need to research in more detail who you are dealing with in future, many familiar names are bought and sold and their nominal locations moved, that's the thing about the Internet, it's not fixed.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't looked at it, but there's a 38-page thread about this on the Overseas board:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5494828
    Evolution, not revolution
  • drp_2
    drp_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    I got in touch with the hotel I was going in and they emailed me confirmation my room was not paid for I did the same with the airline and the transfer company then I printed them off and sent them off to the cc company. They were all very helpful and sent me them within minutes try this and good luck to you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure