**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• binnie
    binnie Posts: 995 Forumite
    Hi, If you receive a postal order and it's crossed, they treat it like a cheque and you do have to wait for it to clear. Takes about 3-5 working days depending on your banks clearing system.
    Never had a problem though as the buyer would have had to pay cash to the post office to buy it, so it can't bounce.:j
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    katie07 wrote: »
    I usually wrap the item in a plastic carrier bag and then usually wrap them in brown parcel paper, using parcel tape to seal it. I have also put items in a carrier bag and then in a large brown envelope before. But that's only because I had them lying around doing nothing :) I haven't had any complaints so far....

terrible packaging for soft items
    very easily torn through handling
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    terrible packaging for soft items
    very easily torn through handling

The paper is already fairly thick, and I wrap it round a few times. Haven't had a problem so far. Thanks for your input though, as helpful as ever.
  • Long_tall_sally
    Long_tall_sally Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Thanks katie07 & binnie for your help. I never actually knew that you could see anyone's name or address on ebay.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Fredula
    Fredula Posts: 568 Forumite
    I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice on what to put in my item description box (after the actual description). I want to put something along the lines of:

From a pet free, smoke free home
    If you have time, please take a look at my other items
    Please message me if you buy more than 1 item as I will combine postage for you

Please note this item will be sent recorded delivery

However, I think it sounds a bit lame. I'm not very good with words. What do other people put?
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not at all lame Fredula, it's clear and informative. It's the kind of thing I put, I think the pet free, smoke free home bit is particularly important for clothes, esp baby clothes.
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
  • gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Fredula wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice on what to put in my item description box (after the actual description). I want to put something along the lines of:

From a pet free, smoke free home
    If you have time, please take a look at my other items
    Please message me if you buy more than 1 item as I will combine postage for you

Please note this item will be sent recorded delivery

However, I think it sounds a bit lame. I'm not very good with words. What do other people put?

Sounds quite good! Normally if a Buyer bids on more than one item Ebay picks it up and you can amend the postage price!
  • slipper75
    slipper75 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Drat - totally missed the free listing notification! I wonder why I never get emails from ebay about free listings? I always have to look at this site and hope that I see someone mention it....
    [FONT=&quot]!!!!!![FONT=&quot] Make Me Rich This Year eBay & Gumtree [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    2013 goal is getting rid of all my clutter and it would be a bonus to make
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]£2000 again doing so!
    £291/£2000 = 15%
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • ebayqueen_2
    ebayqueen_2 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Hi there
    Have any of you noticed that they have changed the email system to communicate with the purchaser. I find it really annoying. I preferred the templates ... so much quicker.

Also I receive lots of postal orders. I like this payment. Its very safe.

Best wishes to all
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" :) C. S. Lewis
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Listed 5 things last night on the free listing. They are all starting at more than 99p. Does anyone know, if they don't sell will I have to pay to relist or would it be free again? thanks guys
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport