New Tesco digital payment app

Options

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    spook wrote: »
    Setup was pretty easy, I registered on the website and then got the app. I only used it to pay the one time so far and it worked ok. I used a self checkout, the barcode took a bot of effort to scan but once that happened it only took a couple of seconds for the payment to register. But still, it was more hassle than contactless so I doubt I'll keep using it.

Given that I no longer carry my physical clubcard any more, I still need to scan my phone as well as using contactless, therefore PayQwiq means I only need to scan once to pay and clubcard so its a lot less hassle than contactless.
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    jon81uk wrote: »
    Given that I no longer carry my physical clubcard any more, I still need to scan my phone as well as using contactless, therefore PayQwiq means I only need to scan once to pay and clubcard so its a lot less hassle than contactless.

Good point, if you scan your phone anyway for Clubcard then this is definitely easier.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A daft question, but how do you add your Clubcard details to your PayKwik account?
  • jon81uk
    Options
    A daft question, but how do you add your Clubcard details to your PayKwik account?

It should prompt you to enter the details on sign up I think. But if you already set up the app then go to settings then clubcard and there is an option to change the clubcard number.
  • spook
    spook Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options

You can also update it on the main Tesco website. It uses the same number as Tesco Groceries and Direct.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Before I merged my Clubcard accounts I used my phone to scan my loyalty card using the app's QR code at my nearest Extra a couple of times.

Now I've got my discount card I'm unable to do so and whilst it's a shame Tesco haven't added the ability to present Clubcard in Wallet (iOS) using TouchID at least I won't need my Clubcard when PayQwik launches in my store next year.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • jon81uk
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Tesco haven't added the ability to present Clubcard in Wallet (iOS).

Download the Clubcard App and there is the option to add the clubcard to Wallet.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    jon81uk wrote: »
    Download the Clubcard App and there is the option to add the clubcard to Wallet.

Yes it's possible to now add Clubcard to Pass Book/Wallet with the latest app in iOS 8/9/10 (unless you have a staff discount card/Clubcard Plus account) however Walgreen's in the U.S. allow customers to authorise their rewards cards with TouchID:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/applepay.jsp
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • ikka_dukka
    Options
    It doesn't yet work in the nearest Tesco extra.
  • austonic
    austonic Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    You've misunderstood. Its not the provider having access that concerns me, its having to rely on the providers services for access to the app in the first place. No phone service no access.

Tesco stores usually have a decent WiFi service these days, so doesn't matter if mobile network provider service is not available in the store.

(Use a VPN as well, obviously.)
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but ignorance is lethal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure