overwhelmed new member

Comments

• Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    We're always here to listen and (hopefully :rotfl:) say something helpful :D
    Enjoy your (half) glass of wine :beer:
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just had to write & share ! Had two yuk calls to make this morning both to say I couldn't pay bills until Friday . One was sky tv , very abrupt , made me feel like a fool and then cut me off ! So, swallowing the tears (as try not to get upset any more , it's only mobey after all) I braced myself & rang O2 to do the same .... The woman I spoke to was soooo lovely & helpful :) was very kind , sympathetic and suspended the account without restriction until I get paid ! She was also chatty and very "hey we all go through bad patches " an absolute star !
    Kicking myself for not taking her name as would like to email O2 & comment on their great customer service ... Well at least for me !
    We are so quick to comment on poor service - just thought it right to comment on good service for once :):)
    Have a good day all.
    Coco x
    PS - there was a dribble of wine left .... But I saved it to put in my chilli I am making later !!
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Ok having pondered on my last post for 10 mins now I feel bad :( maybe the lady @ sky was just having a bad day or something ?! I am sure that most people that work there are super lovely !!!
    Will stop rambling now & go do something constructive now :)
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Ok having pondered on my last post for 10 mins now I feel bad :( maybe the lady @ sky was just having a bad day or something ?! I am sure that most people that work there are super lovely !!!

The thing is though - she was your point of contact and as such was representing the company as a whole. I've never had particularly pleasant experiences with them either when I have been trying to cancel. I have found them very aggressive and patronising.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - you're making great progress.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Coco114 wrote: »

No excuse for being so rude to you when you are clearly stressed as it is. Working in customer services you have to rise above having a bad day and be polite at all costs. Its easy. Sorry that it upset you so much, if it were me I would cancel my account with them as soon as possible and let them know why. Did you remember her name because I would be tempted to let them know how upsetting her manner was?

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck to you. Will follow your thread and try and help you where I can. Are you ebaying or selling stuff on Amazon to help you in the short term? Having a bit extra coming in might just take the edge off your stress until things get a little easier. Take care.
  • Coco114
    Thanks for that :)
    Was thinking about eBay as have lots I could get rid of - just need to figure out how it works ! Does it cost any money to set up ?
    Would help me declutter & make some cash.
    I hate the feeling of having nothing set aside for emergencies so that may be the answer.
    I assume I need to set up a pay pal account or something ?
    Might have a look tonight & make a list of stuff to get rid of :)
    Coco x
  • Coco114
    Ps - flippin36 I just noticed how much you have paid off since January !!! That's flaming good going :)
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Hi Coco.
    Not sold on fleabay so I can't answer your question but there is a board on here for selling on fleabay, car boots etc - might be worth a look :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40
  • Coco114
    Ok , so these staying in sat nights are all well and good but ... Having gone to bed @ 10.45 pm last night was wide awake @ 5.30 am :( Did I reach for a book or magazine to read till I nodded back off ?!
    No ... I logged on to MSE and spent an hour reading diaries etc !!! Am on 3rd cuppa already & brain is whirring as to how to make £15 buy food for today / tomorrow & cat food !!! Youngest will eat anything that vaguely resembles a food group bless, but eldest on the fussy side !!
    Delicious dinner last night , made cheese & potato pie & fried a pile a mushrooms , onions & peppers in garlic oil .... Not healthy but delicious !!!!
    Can't wait to get April started & pay day here - but only because have budget ready , spending diary ready & funky phone ap to work out my spending % !!! ha ha I am learning :)
    DLC keep ringing & sending nasty letters so I need to deal with them first but .... They will have to wait as I don't have it !!!!
    Hope you all have a great day - tho assume most of you still in bed like normal people !
    Btw , have never charged my phone as much since joining MSE but it is helping me sooo much I can't tell you - it's like having a big group of friends watching over you :):)
    Coco x
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Coco,Just to let you know about Ebay no you don't pay to set up an account your fees come off what you sell.Please look into it soon as you will find loads of stuff around the house to sell.
    Good old Ebay has got me out of trouble week after week:T
    I have made £1500 since Christmas just selling what I don't need anymore.
    So go for it and weigh everything before you put a postage cost on as when you are new to it it is so easy to under estimate.
    There is some great threads on here about Ebay to help.
    You are doing brilliantly I have been there and know how hard it is day to day.I wish you all the best and keep posting:)

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport