Main site > Forums > Work & Benefits > Benefits & Tax Credits > Child Support > CSA-old rules, interim maintenance assessment (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
CSA-old rules, interim maintenance assessment
Closed Thread
Views: 2,011
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 09-03-2012, 3:12 AM
MoneySaving Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Default CSA-old rules, interim maintenance assessment

can anyone help us please,the csa want to arrest my husband

does anyone know how the interim maintenance assessment was calculated on the old rules for the NRP.
From info I can find it says £30 a week for 1 child, does anyone know if this is right,my husband is self employed,he owed the CSA almost £22,000 when I met him (4yrs arrears????)

thanks for any help and advice
shettb is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 09-03-2012, 5:53 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,833

Interim Maintenance Assessments used to be used when an NRP wouldn't supply income details. They were very high in an effort to discourage non-compliance. I'm not sure how they were worked out but I know they would regularly be over £100 per week.

The default maintenance decision on new rules cases is £30 per week for one child, it could be this you have read about.

The CSA will change the IMA if your partner can supply evidence of his details. Has he contacted them about a reassessment?
PreludeForTimeFeelers is offline
Report Post
# 3
Old 22-04-2012, 6:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 131

A category C IMA is for £30. This is used where a self employed NRP is unable to provide income information through no fault of their own. usually because its a new business.
WYSPECIAL is offline
Report Post
# 4
Old 23-04-2012, 9:13 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 503

My brother was under the old rules and had to pay about 80pw when he didnt earn that much. He didnt pay very regular (He should have) and now he pays even though his son in 28. It never goes away. He will be csa free this year.
ekkygirl is offline
Report Post
# 5
Old 23-04-2012, 10:27 AM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70

The IMA imposed on my ex was £155 per week for 2 kids, as others have said they make them high to encourage the NRP to provide the relevant information to make a correct assessment.

If he didnt provide the info then these sort of arrears are going to build up, unfortunately for you guys once the L/O has been issued by the court they will proceed with various actions, bailiff, taking driving license/passport and if all that fails they do have the option of a committal order.

My only advise is that you need to contact the CSA NOW, give them the information that they have been waiting for and set up some kind of agreement to pay any re calculated arrears, him burying his head in the sand will not help this situation at all.
gettingthere1975 is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 9:45 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 01 April 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed


Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed