Speed Awareness

Options
13»

Comments

• Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    dannyrst wrote: »
    I assume you mean I've not managed to lose that so far? I mean, I could be on my 4th one by now for all you know. But you keep biting and I'll keep enjoying myself.

Said the !!!! who was caught speeding.
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    Yes it brought me up short and made me take more care. I'm 71 and learned to first ride a motorbike, then drive a car, in a different era with much less traffic about. I also have more than one disability and have been fortunate to have a Motability car since 1995.

Being caught 5 years ago, and attending the course, made me realise that I had developed the habit of ignoring speed limits. I now ensure that every Motability car I choose has a cruise control and speed limiter. The only problem with sticking religiously to the limits now, is the number of idiots who flash lights and tailgate me because they want to break the limit. Most of these have a car which is less powerful than mine, but the biggest surprise is the number of older drivers who do this. And young female drivers, some with children visible in rear child seats.
    Mate, people on this forum don't take well to this kind of statement. Take a look at my thread and you'll see what I mean :p
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    Mate, people on this forum don't take well to this kind of statement. Take a look at my thread and you'll see what I mean :p
    I think you will find that it's inexperienced drivers trying to 'police' the road that people take a dislike to.
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    I think you will find that it's inexperienced drivers trying to 'police' the road that people take a dislike to.
    I think you'll find it's more a case of new drivers daring to have an opinion that is different to perhaps more experienced drivers that certain people take a disliking to.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Options

Don't argue with wanderlust.

He has been driving for 2 weeks and already knows everything. :D
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    I think you'll find it's more a case of new drivers daring to have an opinion that is different to perhaps more experienced drivers that certain people take a disliking to.

At last, something we can agree on (well I would have not used the word 'daring')
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure