Poor advice when purchasing dishwasher

I went to buy a dishwasher and was advised by sales staff that the dishwasher I finally purchased was a better buy than a far better quality one was that I had originally gone in to purchase.I also felt encouraged! to buy the extended warranty. I am now very unhappy with the poor purchase.After contacting the store customers service team they said that ultimately the final decision to purchase was mine .Any advice

Comments

• Why not do your research by looking at reviews on the web before you go in to buy and when you have made your choice don't let sales staff flannel you, by then you will know more about the product than them.
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • gazfocus
    gazfocus Posts: 2,374
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Buffy12 wrote: »
    I went to buy a dishwasher and was advised by sales staff that the dishwasher I finally purchased was a better buy than a far better quality one was that I had originally gone in to purchase.I also felt encouraged! to buy the extended warranty. I am now very unhappy with the poor purchase.After contacting the store customers service team they said that ultimately the final decision to purchase was mine .Any advice

You have a certain amount of time to cancel the extended protection so I'd cancel that one right away. With regards to the purchase of the dishwasher, there's not really alot you can do. If they advised that the dishwasher would do something that it turns out to not do, then you'd have some comeback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure