Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thats all you've got after 9 days, an acknowledgement?
    Send your NBA... ;):rotfl:
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2018 at 7:56PM
    JPears wrote: »
    Thats all you've got after 9 days, an acknowledgement?
    Send your NBA... ;):rotfl:

Trust me im working on that!

Im striving to get the team back in action, buy a new suit JP, put it on my tab and get ready for court.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Hi,
    I am new to this forum and need help on how to reply a claim rejection from jet2 please?
    They are claiming amongst other factors that my flight was delayed due to the plane missing an earlier air traffic control slot.
    i was delayed around 4hours in total and assumed that I would be due some flight compensation?
    The Uk and Europe had experienced Snow that day which caused some disruptions.
    Other factors that they are claiming delayed the flight are de-icing the wings, a small technical issue that they claim only took 16 mins to resolve ( i was sat over the wing and the engineers where working for longer than that), also as we where sat on the plane some 2 hours and only had a small cup of water one passenger was sick and walked off the plane which resulted in another baggage check.

Thanks
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 21 March 2018 at 8:32PM
    Hi Gresteg,

None of which are a genuine EC!

If you look at the last few pages of this forum, you will see plenty of info surrounding your situation. The first thing I would do is put your flight through Botts calculator and also EUClaim. Read Vaubans guide then decide if you want to take J2 on yourself or use a good NWNF solicitor. Youll get plenty of help in here whichever route you go down.

Good luck,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    CAA wrote:
    Thank you for your letter of 10 March 2018 regarding your cancelled Jet2.com flight.

I was sorry to hear about the disruption that you and your partner had to endure, but we are unable to take up your claim. This is because, following discussions between the European Commission and other National Enforcement Bodies (NEBs), it was agreed that complaints falling within the scope of Regulation (EC) 261/2004 are handled by the NEB in the country where the disruption occurred.

To take your complaint forward, you will need to contact the NEB in France at the below address:

Direction generale de l’aviation civile (DGAC)
    Direction du transport aerien
    Mission du Droit des passengers
    Bureau des passengers aeriens
    50, Rue Henry Farman
    FR - 75720
    PARIS cedex 15
    France

I hope this information is helpful but please let me know if you require further clarification.

Yours Sincerely

Andrew Haines
    CHIEF EXECUTIVE

NBA now sent to Jet2

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good example of an airline continuing to evade its responsibilities. Given that they still refuse to join an ADR scheme, I trust you have copied the reply to the CAA.
  • Thankyou Noviceangel,
    I have run my claim through botts and they say I have a claim, despite jet 2 saying I don!!!8217;t. Would you recommend using them? Obviously I would prefer to do it myself and claim my full entitlement, but even after reading pages of posts on here etc I really don!!!8217;t know how to respond to their rejection letter, could you advise please?

In short the 4 hour delay: jet2 claiming the flight was delayed to !!!8220;late arrival of the aircraft into Manchester following its operation of an earlier route. The aircraft was was late as a result of air traffic control slot and the requirement of the aircraft to be de-iced. A prior inspection also took approximately 16 mins and a 30 min delay due to an unruly passenger!!!8221;

Many thanks
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The advantage of using Botts is that they will do everything for you and they don't win it won't cost you anything. The downside is that if you do win, you will lose a slice of your compensation. Peace of mind comes at a price. A good compromise is to send Jet2 a LBA ( sometimes called an NBA) and if they dig their heels in, then to instruct Botts.
    Download and read Vauban's guide first.
  • NoviceAngel
    Gresteg wrote: »
    Thankyou Noviceangel,
    I have run my claim through botts and they say I have a claim, despite jet 2 saying I don!!!8217;t. Would you recommend using them?

I agree with Legal Magpie, I would read Vaubans guide and issue the NBA yourself.

If you feel confident that you could take Jet2 on yourself and have the time to commit it’s much more rewarding financially but also mentally to think you’ve taken them on and won yourself against them.

If you feel your case is difficult and don’t have the time to commit then 70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
    Obviously I would prefer to do it myself and claim my full entitlement, but even after reading pages of posts on here etc I really don!!!8217;t know how to respond to their rejection letter, could you advise please?

Vaubans guide has a template letter for a NBA/LBA.
    In short the 4 hour delay: jet2 claiming the flight was delayed to !!!8220;late arrival of the aircraft into Manchester following its operation of an earlier route. The aircraft was was late as a result of air traffic control slot and the requirement of the aircraft to be de-iced. A prior inspection also took approximately 16 mins and a 30 min delay due to an unruly passenger!!!8221;

Many thanks

You would have to work out the amount of time the aircraft was delayed due to a non EC event. ATC restrictions are a genuine EC, but only if it affects the actual flight concerned and not a previous flight. An unruly passenger is also IMHO also a genuine EC.

For example:- If the delay was down to a mechanical problem with the aircraft and you were stuck waiting for it to be repaired, then this would be a straightforward case and personally I wouldn’t use or recommend using a NWNF Solicitors, your case is not straight forward so I think you need to think about your situation once you get a response from your NBA.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

NoviceAngel

• Hi, hoping someone can help.

Our flight into Stansted last night was diverted to East Midlands Airport as Stansted was briefly closed. I'd like opinion/advice on receiving reimbursement for a taxi we took back to Stansted.

Upon arrival into East Midlands, we were told buses would be laid on to get us back to Stansted. After much waiting around, we were eventually told there were going to be no buses and that Jet2 were putting everyone in taxis. We were also told that Jet 2 were using the same taxi booking agent as Ryanair (who also had planes diverted from Stansted to EMA) and that there was no indication of when or if we might be put in a taxi as there were hundreds of people waiting. We were travelling with a baby and after around 3.5 hours of no update we sourced our own taxi (using a firm Jet 2 didn't have a contract with) with the intention of going straight home, to pick up our car we'd left at Stansted the next day.

En-route home we found out the terminal building at Stansted was open and we could indeed collect our car, so we re-routed to Stansted in the taxi. The distance to Stansted was slightly shorter than our original home destination.

Two questions: 1. Do we have any hope of getting the taxi cost reimbursed? 2. Would we be best to say that we got the taxi to Stansted, or would this scupper any chance of a successful reimbursement as Jet 2 may suggest they were about to put us in a taxi at their cost? I don't believe there was any chance of us getting a taxi through Jet 2 as Ryanair seemed to have the monopoly over the taxi firm (their flights landed before ours).

Jet 2's supervisor on the ground in EMA told us she didn't know when we'd get a taxi and agreed that us booking our own taxi was a more definite way of getting home and getting the baby fed/to sleep. As a side note, the families with babies were pulled out of the queue for taxis and told to wait in the building together so we could be prioritised. Unfortunately, a couple of buses did then turn up (which the Jet 2 ground staff didn't seem to be expecting) and they were filled with other passengers without young families and promptly left. This angered a lot of families with babies/young children and reinforced to me that the ground staff, despite doing their best, were overwhelmed and had no real control of what was happening.

I'm not looking for any compensation - I'd just like to recover the cost of the taxi. Any advice would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure