Travelling On

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the mold & hot shower afterwards!:D

OH did our bathroom tiles this morning & then the steamiest, longest hot shower I believe he's ever had!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    All sounding good KC and thanks for the cake :beer:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning lovely peeps :)

Yep, really hot showers after mould are the way to go, aren't they :)

Absolutely **freezing** here today, I feel like apologising for being retired :rotfl: but I won't :rotfl:

So, situation is good: dw is on, wm ready, house is fairly clean, mould is gone, cooked beans in the fridge, plenty of green veg in the freezer, rubbish to go to the tip slowly being collected from the back garden ready for my brother's visit down here with another van full of stuff, at the end of this month. Even SB is cooperating: £20 Amazon vouchers received, and thanks to recent efforts, another £40 has just been ordered :beer: plus I've started on another one. I need to replace my kindle, its slowly dying, and I want to be able to take it on the cruise. Amazon vouchers will do nicely for that :)

Otherwise - I could clean the bathroom. I really could, and it isn't "fairly clean" as the rest of the house :p. I could also do some more transcribing old letters while scanning financial docs before I shred them. That works for me.

I'm catching up :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

So, situation is good: dw is on, wm ready, house is fairly clean, mould is gone, cooked beans in the fridge, plenty of green veg in the freezer, rubbish to go to the tip slowly being collected from the back garden ready for my brother's visit down here with another van full of stuff, at the end of this month.

Read this and thought :eek::eek: "How did she do that?" :T:rotfl:

Then I read it again :o
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sitting in the fridge. Sitting :rotfl:

:j I love it :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Had to read it twice :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I shall write a *little* more carefully :)

I did the transcribing-while-scanning thing, then did some weeding in the garden - three sets of bramble roots, and a whole lot of other stuff, went the way of the dodo :) I even got a big load of washing half dried on the line - its draped all over the house at the moment.

My next visit to Westeros is this evening :)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gosh, well done on the gardening and line drying. Its Baltic here so I've dashed from house to car and vice versa! I did get wrapped up and volunteered to go out on duty today so those with wellies could play in the snow. Lovely to see them running around and having fun without a device in sight :)

Enjoy your GOT night xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Baltic here too.
    Yet more snow but not for long~~phew.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Gosh, well done on the gardening and line drying. Its Baltic here so I've dashed from house to car and vice versa! I did get wrapped up and volunteered to go out on duty today so those with wellies could play in the snow. Lovely to see them running around and having fun without a device in sight :)

Enjoy your GOT night xx

I used to love playground duty, especially in the snow, always volunteered, kids appreciate it so much.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure